Author Topic: "Am I being detained?"  (Read 11003 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
"Am I being detained?"
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:50:38 PM »
The reason to ask if you are detained or free to go is because you're leaving if you're free to go.
This camera wielder has it right. (unfortunately the badge-heavy chap simply changed his mind as to whether the citizen was being detained)

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Jeff

Re: "Am I being detained?"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »
It's always fun to read some of the comments from people that don't care that they toss away their rights every day by doing everything the police ask.  And say "oh well, just show your ID, quit being a *blank*, and I hope someone shoots this guy one day".... meh.

Brainwashing at it's finest creating the strong nation of sheeple.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:09:59 PM »
Brainwashing at it's finest creating the strong nation of sheeple.

+1
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »
A little too much talking or my taste, but he did the most important thing, he maintained his polite and respectful demeanor throughout the entire encounter.

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:19:17 PM »
Interestingly enough, from what I've seen said about this video elsewhere, this is apparently the same guy from from the recent LGOC near a school video that has caused so much butt-hurt among the "pro 2A" community.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
That cop looks like Rob Harris *ducks*
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Donut

• First Name (Displayed): Donut
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 01:55:54 AM »
Wondering , young police officers not seasoned (and a few, only a few) that let the badge go to their heads (seen some do that when I was in the army) that are against public carrying. Do they realize that there is a posibility that some day they may end up in the general public again and wouldn't want to be hastled eather.

Sorry just letting some steam off.

Places with "no gun" signs are a free rain for the bad guy.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »
Wondering , young police officers not seasoned (and a few, only a few) that let the badge go to their heads (seen some do that when I was in the army) that are against public carrying. Do they realize that there is a posibility that some day they may end up in the general public again and wouldn't want to be hastled eather.

That's why retired cops like Senator Rick Jones know that retired cops deserve more rights than the rest of us.
They know our shoes pinch, so they don't want to be in our shoes.

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 07:29:19 AM »
Oh that I had deep pockets. The officer changes his statement with the open intent to force a citizen to provide ID against the law of Michigan while the officer admits that the citizen is in no way breaking the law. There has got to be at least one if not more violations of the bill of rights and Michigan state law in his intentional actions. Don't want any money out of it, just an officer to have to admit in court that his actions where outside the law. Which should allow for criminal prosecution,as the actions are intentional.

These types of actions are but one reason that officers need to be accountable for their actions at a personal level. Professional behavior is something that really needs to be schooled a whole lot more in academies.

Michael
Tuebor Libertatus