Author Topic: Vigilante White Guy Tackles Black Man Licensed to Carry a Gun  (Read 11155 times)

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
Vigilante White Guy Tackles Black Man Licensed to Carry a Gun
« on: January 23, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
Some say this guy was OC others say he was CC. Its the incident that is concerning:
 :-\
Michael Foster, 43, is white.

Clarence Daniels, 62, is black.

Both men live in Florida and met rather violently Tuesday at a Wal-Mart as Daniels shopped for coffee creamer for his wife.

What Daniels didn't know was that Foster had watched him leave his car and saw him put his legally registered firearm into his waist holster before entering the Wal-Mart. Since Florida is an open-carry state, Daniels had done nothing wrong, yet, according to the Tampa Bay Times, Foster tackled Daniels to the ground and placed him in a choke hold.

" 'He's got a gun!' " deputies said Foster shouted.

" 'I have a permit!' " Daniels yelled back multiple times, sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon told the Tampa Bay Times.

According to the newspaper, law enforcement had to separate the two men, who were tussling on the Wal-Mart floor. Foster was arrested and charged with battery, the Tampa Bay Times reports.

"Unfortunately he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen," McKinnon told the newspaper. "We understand it's alarming for people to see other people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed-weapons permit holders."

The sheriff's office told the newspaper that it doesn't condone citizens taking matters into their own hands, especially when one person has a gun.

"You better make sure there's a good reason," McKinnon told the newspaper. "Otherwise you might be confronting a guy that is legally permitted to carry a gun."

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Vigilante White Guy Tackles Black Man Licensed to Carry a Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:00:32 AM »
CC, OC is no legal in FL.  Firearm was briefly seen while the man was getting out of his car.

Lucky he didn't get shot.

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »
What are you talking about CC is legal in FL.  Further more displaying a firearm under certain circumstance (signed into law 6-17-2011) provides that a person who is licensed to carry a concealed firearm is not in violation of the law if the firearm is briefly and openly displayed under certain circumstances. Such circumstance exited when that white guy saw the black guy put the firearm in his holster while exiting vehicle.

Lucky that white guy didnt get shot by the black guy with the gun.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »
he was CC, OC is not legal

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:44:10 AM »
Ok I got it now.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 01:35:35 PM »
In my eyes, White / Black has absolutely nothing to do with this. Unless you are a "news" agency trying to make it important.

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 02:26:11 PM »
I Agree, I simply copied the headline of the News Story...

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »
In my eyes, White / Black has absolutely nothing to do with this. Unless you are a "news" agency trying to make it important.

Depends. What would the suspect have done if he observed an armed 62 year old white guy get out of his truck and walk into Wal-Mart? Only he can answer that, and if he has any brains at all he's keeping his mouth shut.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »
I Agree, I simply copied the headline of the News Story...

I didn't realize that thanks for letting me know.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
*** UPDATE ***

Tampa, Florida -- A 43-year-old man was found guilty of tackling another man who was legally carrying a firearm in a Walmart, in a case caught by surveillance video.

A jury found Michael Foster guilty of battery on Tuesday. His sentencing is scheduled for May 7.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/04/23/shopper-guilty-in-tacking-of-gunman-at-walmart/26269309/