Author Topic: more on Kroger  (Read 3266 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
more on Kroger
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:17:41 PM »
Wow, 8 demanding mommies who think past possession of functioning ovaries while engaging in unprotected sex makes their opinions more valuable than mine:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/01/27/moms-gun-kroger-demand/22408941/

LANSING – A small group met this morning in front of the Frandor Shopping Center Kroger to demand the grocery chain ban customers from openly carrying guns in its stores.

The eight women, including East Lansing resident Linda Brundage, asked shoppers to shop elsewhere until Kroger prohibits customers from openly carrying guns. Protesters were members of the nationwide Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense in America. Brundage heads the group's mid-Michigan chapter.

Kroger's 124 stores and 64 gas stations in Michigan will continue following state law, which does not prohibit open-carry of guns, said Ken McCLure, spokesman for Kroger's Michigan division. McClure said lawmakers, not retailers, should decide the issue. He said any change on Kroger's party would from its Cincinnati offices, not at the state level.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/opinion/readers/2015/02/04/letter-guns-needed-grocery-shop/22882151/
Super Bowl Sunday is coming and Kroger is a sponsor. The stadium does not allow guns, yet you can open carry at Kroger. Join me in returning your Kroger card to a manager at a Kroger store.

Tell him/her that you will not shop there until they change their policy and join other stores and restaurants that have. You do not need to show a gun to grocery shop. Thank you for caring.

Gloria Thomas

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/opinion/readers/2015/02/16/letter-good-guys-gun-needed/23510155/

In response to Gloria Thomas (Letters, Feb. 5) calling for a boycott of Kroger stores until the chain drops its open-carry policy for gun owners: Gloria, your words are foolish and dangerous. Forget the fact the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the individual right of all citizens to keep and bear arms. Let’s consider recent history. You claim shoppers need not show (carry) a gun to shop in the store. This is a true statement. The same can be said for those attending school in this country. So “gun-free zones” have been created.

But I’m willing to bet more lives would have been spared at Sandy Hook School had an armed good guy met the cowardly killer before unarmed and unprotected children could be mowed down. The same goes for Columbine High School, the movie theater in Aurora, Colo. and any one of the dozens of other massacres this nation has witnessed in the last two decades. Gun control affects only the law abiding citizen. Gun-free zones create victims.

Michael Weeks
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: more on Kroger
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 10:47:12 AM »
I must disagree. It's business owners and not lawmakers that should decide what to do with their business.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »
I've been thinking that someone should join the group to keep an eye on their protest plans... maybe counter protest?  risk tho of firm being protested will cave in like starbucks did to make the issue just go away.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »
Bloody beating stopped in Kroger parking lot by CCer, female witness phones in 'man with gun'.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/story/shopper-pulls-gun-to-protect-man-being-assaulted/12042/yo_kCCJpo0ukViaX210piw
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?