Author Topic: Lansing area Picnic--Saturday Sept. 11th  (Read 14872 times)

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
Lansing area Picnic--Saturday Sept. 11th
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:24:38 PM »
Official MOC, Inc Picnic and fund raiser.

FUN FUNF FUN for the whole family!

Where: Hawk Island Ingham County Park-1700 E. Cavanaugh--Lansing, MI
When: Saturday September 11th
Time: 1:00 PM until??

This will be an official MOC, Inc. picnic. In remembrance of 9/11 MOC will be collecting donations for the Fouty Foundation. This foundation is in the State of Michigan and helps Michigan veterans. For more info on this charity go here: http://www.foutyfoundation.com/

MOC representatives will be on hand to answer questions about open carry. Open Carry handouts will be available.

Please bring a dish to share along with your own beverages and table-ware, chairs and anything else to improve your comfort.

Hawk Island is a great park with modern facilities. Parking is free after Labor Day. Fishing, swimming, a play area and more are available. The location is just NW of I-96 and 1-496 off ramp.

Our hope is that being somewhat central (Lansing) to the southern part of the state we will get members and others from both sides of the state together so they can meet and get to know each other.

Park Home page: http://www.ingham.org/pk/HI/himain.htm
Map of Park: http://www.ingham.org/pk/Maps/HI%20Color%20Facilities%20Update.pdf
Bing Map: http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?encType=1&v=2&ss=ypid.YN434x204788795 &style=r&mkt=en-us&FORM=LLDP

Please post here or PM me if you plan on attending and what you will bring.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Lansing area Picnic--Saturday Sept. 11th
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:11:46 AM »
"FUN FUNF FUN for the whole family!"

Can I assume this will be a family friendly event?  My fiancee`s 10 year old will be with us that weekend.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:41:44 AM »
All of our events are family friendly ;D
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline glock2340

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 12:50:24 AM »
I will attempt to be there on said day.

What supplies/food do you need?

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:25:58 AM »
im down for a few 2 liters(wont be enough for a group over half a dozen people,for the day)and a single pack of hot dogs so far....i have no idea what anyone else is bringing
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Tha Byrdman

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
i might be there i. want to come to one of these picnics. IM new to this open carrying.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
Looks like I may be able to attend this ... will know better middle of next week.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:09 PM »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

anetsprungen

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:09:03 AM »
I'll be there!  Nice flyer, too.

Thanks Tyler for the Facebook events notification.  I had forgotten about it until I got the message.

I'll work up a shopping list and let Brian know what I will be bringing.

Roy
 8)

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 01:02:15 PM »
Me and TheQ are trying to get a few printed out to post at local gun shops,sporting goods stores and OC friendly businesses as well,to increase the amount of people attending.

The founder of the Fouty Foundation says he will do his best to make it there,right now he is on a campaign to raise money to build a memorial entitled "Our Burdens Rest" he will have a 1/16th scale of it with him.
Donations made to the Fouty Foundation will go to making this memorial,As of last night,i was told around $2000.00 is still needed to make it.

Offline RandyK

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
Tyler, if you end up printing up some fliers try and put the address some were on it.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
We plan to,we also are going to change the logo in the upper right hand corner.

Offline cabman1

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
Just updated the calender of events to reflect who's attending this is happening this Saturday!!!!!!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline cabman1

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:48 AM »
Did anyone send out an invitation to the Mayor Virg Bernero , Chief of Police Teresa Szymansk, the Sheriff Gene L. Wriggelsworth.  Its not to late we still have a week.  If someone that lives or works in the Lansing area could get these invitations out today or tomorrow It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

P.S. The only way It could be done now is by hand delivery!!!!!

I didn't want to wait for someone to do it so i sent out the invitation's lets see if they show up!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:34:43 AM by cabman1 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
Told the chief of police in person about a month ago,told a county deputy i know and asked him to pass it onto the sheriff as well(whether he did or not,i do not know) ill send an email to the mayor and news outlets today.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
Me and TheQ are trying to get a few printed out to post at local gun shops,sporting goods stores and OC friendly businesses as well,to increase the amount of people attending.

The founder of the Fouty Foundation says he will do his best to make it there,right now he is on a campaign to raise money to build a memorial entitled "Our Burdens Rest" he will have a 1/16th scale of it with him.
Donations made to the Fouty Foundation will go to making this memorial,As of last night,i was told around $2000.00 is still needed to make it.

How about posting them  at places that gun owners don't typically hang out at? Coffee shops. bakeries, Best Buy, etc...). Anywhere you can think of would be great. Getting fellow gun owners on board is all well and fine, but the more non-gun types we reach, the better.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »
we'll figure out places.

also looking into the legality of stapling them to power line poles at intersections across the city,it is a very popular place for things to be posted and they always get alot of attention

Offline cabman1

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 12:45:03 PM »
Here is the message from the chief of police
Teresa Szymanski to me
show details 8:33 AM (1 hour ago)
Thank you for the invitation, I will not be able to attend, I will be out of town on the 11th.  Enjoy the day and lets hope you have great weather.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »
Here is the message from the chief of police
Teresa Szymanski to me
show details 8:33 AM (1 hour ago)
Thank you for the invitation, I will not be able to attend, I will be out of town on the 11th.  Enjoy the day and lets hope you have great weather.

Please email for posterity.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »
we'll figure out places.

also looking into the legality of stapling them to power line poles at intersections across the city,it is a very popular place for things to be posted and they always get alot of attention
Good, it would be nice to  have people turn out other than "Just us gun nuts ;D ", and maybe the media if the decide to attend.

Think about it. If more and more members of the non-gun owning public learn from such events that the stigma of guns they've been taught and believed all these years is largely unfounded, and therefore sway to our side, think how it will affect those die hard Anti-OC gun owners who are afraid of the general public outrage.

How about fliers at the local library? How about MSU's admin building ;D ? Wouldn't it be cool if someone had to run to Sam's Club to pick up more supplies due to an overflowing turnout?