Author Topic: Micro-aggression at Kalamazoo College  (Read 3212 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Micro-aggression at Kalamazoo College
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »
A student at Kalamazoo College has been attacked and labeled “homophobic” and "racist" by student government representatives because he wanted to facilitate a discussion about campus carry.

In an audio recording exclusively obtained by Campus Reform, students at a Student Commission meeting—K-College’s student government—interrupted Alexander Ross, a sophomore political science major, as he requested that the students engage in a conversation about campus carry, a request he had been asking the Commission for five straight weeks.

"Sorry, I'm gonna have to interrupt you because you as a white male talking to me," protested an unidentified member of the Commission midway through Ross's remarks.

Members accused Ross of "racism," "homophobia," and "sexism," and some even went so far as to accuse Ross's pro-Second Amendment position of desiring to kill students in black hoodies.

...what he has implied, they’re called micro-aggressions,” said Makalo.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6322
http://woodtv.com/2015/02/25/kalamazoo-college-holds-forum-over-unsafeatk-tweets/

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Micro-aggression at Kalamazoo College
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:03:44 PM »
Security increased at Kalamazoo College after online threat to 'start systematically executing faculty'

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/03/threat_to_kalamazoo_college_fa.html

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »
Reading through this but not having a chance to listen to the audio, I'm at a loss for words.  Disqualifying someone based on their race and sex is discriminatory.  Even at that, wanting to have a open dialog about the 2nd amendment some how warrants a threat?   I can only think of feminist and minority studies professors teaching how to act in their classes.  So much for adibing by the law and constitution.

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 09:39:34 AM »
Wow... just....  WOW...  I can't believe the way they try to absolutely disregard him because he's white.

"white privilege" means "shut up" and "we dont' care what you have to say"....

Amazing.

This is the exact reason that people need to get into politics.  People with conservative values and constitutional principles need to start early..  in prep school... getting elected to the student counsel... in college....   and after.   The liberal morons like these people and the PC police are all getting elected and enacting their will.

I'm literally sickened by the way they shut him down... now granted, we didn't hear the entire discourse... so perhaps he did make rude remarks... but from what is in the audio and what the response to him is..  absolutely disgusting.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:44:42 AM by METL »

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 03:41:26 PM »
Wow, and to think of the Oxy-moron while looking at the picture about the "unsafe @ K" story...

link: http://woodtv.com/2015/02/25/kalamazoo-college-holds-forum-over-unsafeatk-tweets/

Someone could wear a sweatshirt that says "Justice for ALL".....

unbelievable
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:31:17 PM »
It's not racism if the subject of discrimination is Caucasian, according to the MSM.