Author Topic: MOC Newsletter January 2015 published!  (Read 4336 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
MOC Newsletter January 2015 published!
« on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:29 PM »

The latest (and last) edition of the Michigan Open Carry Newsletter has just been published!

Issue No. 5 is filled with original articles as well as over 250 hyperlinks to additional content!

•   Winning the Battle and Losing the War – should we refuse to patronize certain businesses?  Maybe not.
•   If You Can’t Take Training Classes, You Can Still Train – ideas for keeping up your skills and developing new proficiencies when you can't take classes
•   Lessons From Zimmerman, Part III – a final look at the aftermath of Zimmerman, repercussions to law enforcement
•   The Dangers of Intervention – the problem with imaginary interventions is that there is none of the untidiness and ambiguity that exists in the real world
•   Our regular MOC Member Profile – Glenn Disosway (Pond Scum)

And more, including the latest on firearms legislation in Michigan and upcoming MOC events.  Additional content targets women, firearms ownership among blacks, training, the latest in firearms legislation across the country, and much, much more.  Get your copy of the final issue of the Michigan Open Carry Newsletter right now, right here! 

http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/publications/newsletter/MOC-Newsletter-5.pdf

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: MOC Newsletter January 2015 published!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »
gryphon, thanks for all of the hard work and long hours you have put into the newsletters over the years!  You did a great job putting them together and keeping it interesting.   I enjoy reading them and use them for reference from time to time!   ;D

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 03:28:38 PM »
I did recall reading something about it being the FINAL newsletter?  In the Email?  I haven't read it yet if the explanation is in there but there will be no more?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:27:44 PM »

I did recall reading something about it being the FINAL newsletter?  In the Email?  I haven't read it yet if the explanation is in there but there will be no more?

It's talked about in the first story.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
It's talked about in the first story.

Alright, thank you.  I shall start reading it later tonight.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 06:50:16 AM »
Somehow I missed hearing about SB53 until the newsletter. I wouldn't patronize FB if you held a gun to my head and ordered me to do it.

So Prick Jones thinks we need special rights for retired BATF and TSA officers???
I thought his retired jailer exemption was a bit off the deep end but this one is totally nuts.
Now I'm wondering if this one is worth a recall petition just to wake him up.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Jeff