Author Topic: Can we talk about holsters?  (Read 4017 times)

Offline redskin

• ...our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
Can we talk about holsters?
« on: August 01, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
I just picked up an XDm 9mm and I'm looking for a good Open Carry retention holster. I know I saw some of you carrying XDs at a seminar, so I was wondering what you used to carry.

While we're at it, why don't we all list our recommended holsters for our different firearms?
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline Tango125INF11b

• I looked Death in the face, so what have you done?
Re: Can we talk about holsters?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »
For my USP I used a Fobus, Galco, or Houston dependent on what I was wearing. My GLock 22 I used a Fobus with space for a taclight, and for my Glock 19 I have a De Santis Mini Slide. I had a Serpa but can't use it in competitions anymore so I got rid of it.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Offline skunkworks

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
I carry an XD in a Galco high ride concealable.  It isn't a retention holster, but it is very secure and still allows for an easy draw when done straight out.  The also make several that have a thumb strap.  I've never felt the need for it.
I would just go to a good shop and play around with some name brand ones and find what works for you.  Be sure to take along your gun.  I recommend going in unloaded and talk to the sales guy first to make everyone comfortable before you start handling an unholstered pistol.
Also try on a good gun belt for a complete system.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 07:27:32 PM »
I just picked up an XDm 9mm and I'm looking for a good Open Carry retention holster. I know I saw some of you carrying XDs at a seminar, so I was wondering what you used to carry.

I have the Springfield XDm 9mm (4.5").  I recently purchased a Blackhawk SERPA CQC.  With relatively small modifications (dealing with snugness in the holster), I love it.

You might want to consider reviewing:

I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).