Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

Can we talk about holsters?

(1/1)

redskin:
I just picked up an XDm 9mm and I'm looking for a good Open Carry retention holster. I know I saw some of you carrying XDs at a seminar, so I was wondering what you used to carry.

While we're at it, why don't we all list our recommended holsters for our different firearms?

Tango125INF11b:
For my USP I used a Fobus, Galco, or Houston dependent on what I was wearing. My GLock 22 I used a Fobus with space for a taclight, and for my Glock 19 I have a De Santis Mini Slide. I had a Serpa but can't use it in competitions anymore so I got rid of it.

skunkworks:
I carry an XD in a Galco high ride concealable.  It isn't a retention holster, but it is very secure and still allows for an easy draw when done straight out.  The also make several that have a thumb strap.  I've never felt the need for it.
I would just go to a good shop and play around with some name brand ones and find what works for you.  Be sure to take along your gun.  I recommend going in unloaded and talk to the sales guy first to make everyone comfortable before you start handling an unholstered pistol.
Also try on a good gun belt for a complete system.

TheQ:

--- Quote from: redskin on August 01, 2010, 03:31:22 PM ---I just picked up an XDm 9mm and I'm looking for a good Open Carry retention holster. I know I saw some of you carrying XDs at a seminar, so I was wondering what you used to carry.

--- End quote ---

I have the Springfield XDm 9mm (4.5").  I recently purchased a Blackhawk SERPA CQC.  With relatively small modifications (dealing with snugness in the holster), I love it.

You might want to consider reviewing:

Question about a Springfield XD/XDM
Review on Holster - Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 Sportster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version