Author Topic: Shooter ready, range clear. Not.  (Read 4773 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Shooter ready, range clear. Not.
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »

Offline Jeff

Re: Shooter ready, range clear. Not.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:22:35 PM »
Oh boy.  More fuel for the fire to burn firearm owners.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »
Why is the guy standing there with gunfire on the range?
Are there multiple stages running at once so he thinks the shooting is elsewhere?
At first I thought he was a slow shooter who didn't clear the stage before they started the next shooter, but viewing it a second time, it's plain he's just standing there, not advancing through the stage.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:17:31 PM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
What was that guy doing, taping targets? Picking up brass?  Terrible that nobody did a sweep of the range.  Obviously some kind of communication error for that guy to be down there, maybe he thought it was over or was told it was over.  Maybe he assumed he had a few minutes, I dunno.  All I know is that I hope it isn't used to make shooting sports look bad thus making all firearm owners look bad since that's usually what those anti's do.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
Why is the guy standing there with gunfire on the range?

He might have previously been taping targets, but he was picking up brass at the time of the run.  There are dirt berms separating shooting lanes, so other runs were going on at the same time.  The guy downrange thought he was hearing gunfire from those so wasn't alarmed.  The first set of obstacle shooting walls were solid, unlike the subsequent sets which were made out of snow fence, so you couldn't see downrange, and the RO never checked to make sure that lane was clear before starting the run.

Offline sonicmatter

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:30:08 PM »
That could have turned out much worse.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:36:31 PM »
That could have turned out much worse.

Right? what if they had all used steel case ammo and there was not even any brass to pick up.  That could have SUuuuuuuuuuuCKED!!