General Category > New Member Introductions

New guy here!

<< < (2/2)

linux203:
Welcome from Holt.

My wife is used to me open carrying and my children don't know any different.  Over time, it will become normal.  My wife doesn't look at me funny when I carry two either.  She does roll her eyes when I carry three.

GhostOfSparta85:

--- Quote from: linux203 on March 24, 2015, 08:12:19 PM ---Welcome from Holt.

My wife is used to me open carrying and my children don't know any different.  Over time, it will become normal.  My wife doesn't look at me funny when I carry two either.  She does roll her eyes when I carry three.

--- End quote ---

Yeah my wife doesn't kind when I open carry at home, but she expressed concern when we went for a walk through our neighborhood this past weekend and I was open carrying my SR1911.  That's when I had to explain to her that it's not against the law and all that and she calmed down about it.  I told her that even if someone called the cops, there's nothing they can do about it.

Hammurabi:

--- Quote from: GhostOfSparta85 on March 24, 2015, 09:02:22 PM ---I told her that even if someone called the cops, there's nothing they can do about it.

--- End quote ---
There's nothing they can do legally, at least. It might not be common, but there have been incidents where police acted unlawfully toward individuals who were openly carrying a holstered handgun.

part deux:
MOC has some great resources, including the FAQ and State Police Update #86.

Like you, I started off concealing and have since drifted over to 90% OC.  I have found my very comfortable IWB CC rig to be less comfortable now that I've gotten used to CC.

MOC is a great group and doing some great work.

TheQ:
FAQ -- http://miopencarry.org/faq

Welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version