Author Topic: Livingston Daily article on OC in PFZ  (Read 4089 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Livingston Daily article on OC in PFZ
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
link isn't valid :(
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »
Wonder why it was pulled...  Too neutral for the paper's liking?
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
You may have a point there.
The loopy-holey articles stay up.

The loophole in the Michigan law allows concealed-pistol license holders to openly carry guns in school — a loophole educators hope is resolved soon.
http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/education/livingston-county/2015/03/24/school-gun-discussion/70396458/

As some school officials have been confronted with gun owners openly carrying weapons on or near their campuses, causing lockdowns for students and faculty and startling parents and law enforcement, a state lawmaker is drafting legislation that will close the loophole in state law that makes it legal.
http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/20/bill-works-ban-open-carry-gun-free-zones/25071287/

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
Wonder why it was pulled...  Too neutral for the paper's liking?

It couldn't be from all the incorrect information that the writer was spreading about the laws. I don't think they got anything right about where you can or cannot carry. Geesh! What garbage writing!

MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »
 Residents speak out on openly carrying firearms

Unless someone starts to waive their gun in the air or jokingly shoots blanks, eighth-grader Isaac Richardson doesn't see a problem with gun owners openly carrying firearms in schools.

In fact, he is in full support of the Second Amendment and everything it stands for.

"People's Second Amendment right shouldn't be taken away from them," said Richardson, who attends Parker Middle School.

While there are many gun advocates out there who would agree with Richardson, there are still many who believe guns have no business in a gun-free zone.

Jim Vichich is one of those believers.

"I find it sadly ironic that there is a double standard regarding the open carry law, and it is obvious the legislators in Lansing value themselves much higher than our children and adults within our schools," said Vichich, a former teacher and Brighton resident.

The double standard Vichich is referring to "where it is legal for an adult with a CPL to open carry guns into schools where there are minimally 700 children, no police presence and no trained, armed security at the entry doors."

However, he said "for the safety of the adult lawmakers within their kindom," it is illegal to open carry guns with a CPL into the Capitol building in Lansing, which is occupied by armed , Capitol police monitoring the doors.

--------

LIES FROM THE PIT OF HELL!!!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 05:24:24 PM »
I've heard that claim about the state capital several times myself. I like to show them this picture, it tends to shut them up.  ;D

"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »
""However, he said "for the safety of the adult lawmakers within their kindom," it is illegal to open carry guns with a CPL into the Capitol building in Lansing, which is occupied by armed , Capitol police monitoring the doors.""

Really. I saw guns n the capital couple yrs ago when the rally was out front..  How about one Apr 29th-2015??

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 11:09:24 AM »
Perfectly legal to carry firearms into the state capital.  They do request that long guns be carried muzzle up while in the capital building.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »
Perfectly legal to carry firearms into the state capital.  They do request that long guns be carried muzzle up while in the capital building.

MSP asked us to carry muzzle up when in the galleries overlooking the House and Senate.  I don't recall anything about other areas of the building, except "Please don't run into the walls."