Author Topic: Kansas now a Constitutional Carry state  (Read 2975 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Kansas now a Constitutional Carry state
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
Kansas is now a Constitutional Carry state! After July 1, no license will be required to carry a concealed handgun in Kansas. (Open carry currently does not require a license).

When signing the bill yesterday, Gov. Brownback said “Carrying a gun is a constitutional right. We’re saying if you want to do that in this state, then you don’t have to get a permission slip from the government.”

Offline Jeff

Re: Kansas now a Constitutional Carry state
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 05:35:19 PM »
Hell yeah.  I am jealous.

Offline Donut

• First Name (Displayed): Donut
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »
Is there more to this. Dose that mean everyone. What if someone has a feloney or a record.
That wouldn't be so good. We have to have a clean record to be able to carry and I think thst is a good thing.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 12:26:52 PM »
Is there more to this. Dose that mean everyone. What if someone has a feloney or a record.
That wouldn't be so good. We have to have a clean record to be able to carry and I think thst is a good thing.

If you are a prohibited person, you can't legally possess a firearm.  Therefore, a prohibited person can't legally open or concealed carry. 

See 18 U.S. Code § 922(g), https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

No amount of ink on paper will prevent criminals from obtaining or carrying firearms.  Let's not punish law abiding citizens.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 12:25:47 PM »

Are you really that afraid of a 78 year old lady that wrote a bad check?

I feel sorry for you.