Author Topic: Sort of Permitless Carry in Mississippi.  (Read 3549 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Sort of Permitless Carry in Mississippi.
« on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »
Can you imagine anything like this getting past Michigan's governor?

Mississippians will not need a state-issued license to carry a concealed gun in a purse, briefcase or other fully enclosed satchel under a bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant.

Bryant's office said Friday that the governor had signed Senate Bill 2394, which takes effect July 1.

The bill reduces fees for people to receive and renew a concealed-carry license. The fee for a new license would drop to $80 from $100, and the renewal fee for people younger than 65 would drop to $40 from $50. For people 65 and older, the renewal fee would drop to $20 from $25.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3a40b8e61b6245e6979291f808f91fd0/MS--Concealed-Carry

The National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) applauds Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant today for signing into law Senate Bill 2394 and Senate Bill 2619. The Senate adopted conference committee reports on SB 2394 on a 49-3 vote and SB 2619 unanimously.The House passed them by margins of 103-15 and 98-18, respectively.

The new NRA-backed laws will reduce concealed carry permit fees, allow permitless concealed carry in purses and briefcases, and streamline enhanced carry training requirements for active military and veterans.

http://www.wdam.com/story/28774251/governor-bryant-signs-nra-backed-pro-second-amendment-reform-legislation

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Sort of Permitless Carry in Mississippi.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »
Kansas just became a Constitutional Carry state and it looks like New Hampshire will follow.  Too bad about West Virginia governor vetoing their CC legislation.  That's weird that Mississippi allows permitless off-body carry but not permitless on-body carry.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:40:58 AM »
The new NRA-backed laws will reduce concealed carry permit fees, allow permitless concealed carry in purses and briefcases, and streamline enhanced carry training requirements for active military and veterans.

As a Veteran myself I am opposed to the bolded portion. As a Veteran I fought for ALL citizens to have the rights supposedly guaranteed to them, and am opposed to any carve out's even those favoring myself. If the laws do not serve EVERYONE, then they are inherently wrong to begin with.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
Governments often run afoul of the anti-slavery provisions of Amendment XIV, such as:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?