Author Topic: Newest Ruger LCP  (Read 5317 times)

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
Newest Ruger LCP
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
Anyone see the new Ruger LCP?  Black .380 6 + 1 with red trigger and now with sights.  Looks and feels better than ever.  Use it with smallest "Sticky" brand in-the-pocket holster for CC - fits perfect.  Just thought I'd let you all know about it, and here's a couple photos.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Newest Ruger LCP
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:26:21 AM »
I carried the old style LCP as a BUG for about a year.  It did have sights.  They were just small and blended with the frame.  I put white nail polish on them.  I used Remora holsters, which look very similar to the Sticky one.

But, I now carry the Glock 42 on the ankle. 
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:50:31 AM »
I would always think ankle carry would be clunky in a way.   

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:15:41 AM »
You get used to it.  At first, it is awkward.  You run into things and hit it with your other foot.  I can walk, jog, run, jump, etc with it on.  Never had an issue with retention.

The draw is extremely clunky.  It's a two handed process.  There's a lunge method, a squat, and some others.  Huge benefit for vehicle carry.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36