Author Topic: Open Carry at Wayne State  (Read 3609 times)

Offline FastLayne

Open Carry at Wayne State
« on: April 29, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »
Quite a bit of flap about the situation in AA lately. I wasn't aware of the situation in Clio schools until today. I'm glad a case has been made in order to test the legality of it all.

I have 2 kids who go to Wayne State, not exactly a crime-free area. Both my kids carry knives, as it appears that's all they're allowed.

The following link is to the Wayne Governor's Board Firearms policy, adopted in 2013. Since they made their own rules, apparently similar to AA, why is there no outcry? Could it be that no one on this forum or elsewhere has children who attend Wayne?

http://bog.wayne.edu/code/2_87_03.php

I invite any replies.

Shoot straight and keep safe!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:06:41 PM by FastLayne »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Open Carry at Wayne State
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Plenty of outcry.
Lawsuits take money. Evidently the parents there have all their money tied up in tuition.
Tough choice. Tuition or litigation.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »
Remind me again WHICH state universities are above the law, so to speak?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Divegeek

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »
Remind me again WHICH state universities are above the law, so to speak?

If I remember correctly it is the "big 3" universities: UofM, MSU, and Wayne State.