Author Topic: Judge backs Grand Rapids in Deffert case  (Read 17394 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Judge backs Grand Rapids in Deffert case
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 12:41:28 AM »
I found no "report fraud" button, and I looked everywhere.  However, I did file a fraud report against Deffert with GoFundMe stating the particulars and that I would be filing a claim with my credit card provider.

GoFundMe clearly states on their website that it is fraud if the recipient does not use the funds for the stated purpose. 

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 01:01:09 AM »
Just filed a fraud report/CC dispute with my credit card company as well (Chase Visa).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
GoFundMe has contacted me for more details about this incident, and so far seems willing to refund our money.

Offline Fnp45Solo

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Zohan45Solo
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
I have posted in many places that if I was not able to successfully collect enough funds for an appeal. That I wouldn't be able to go through with it. It said legal fund on my gofundme not appeal fund. I don't know how you guys got the words appeal and legal mixed up. If you guys want refund because you weren't able to read I will be giving refunds as soon as possible. The NRA never said they were going to be able to back my case the article had a correction the following Monday Detroit paper.   

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 07:21:09 PM »
It said legal fund on my gofundme not appeal fund.

As meny of you know I am appealing my case Deffert v. Moe. If you could help me with some support that would be very much appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganOpenCarry/permalink/900210753350209/

I have about a week left to gather up funds to be able to apply for my appeal...it'll be up to folks like you and me to to make sure that Deffert vs Moe gets sent to appeals court.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganOpenCarry/permalink/909604825744135/

I have about a week left to gather up funds to be able to apply for my appeal...it'll be up to folks like you and me to to make sure that Deffert vs Moe gets sent to appeals court.

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganOpenCarry/posts/10153004985916234

Mr. Deffert seeks to appeal that ruling into the 6th Circuit US Court of Appeals.  This appeal is not just about Mr. Deffert.

http://www.gofundme.com/deffert

Offline Fnp45Solo

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Zohan45Solo
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
What are the words circled in red?

Offline Scandiacus

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 09:57:01 PM »
What are the words circled in red?

Titling the page "Legal Fund" does not make it a general legal fund when the description on the page very clearly and exclusively outlines it as being for appeal, and sending a message via that appeal (ie, the general language in the title is restricted by the specific language in the description).  Now, I just received confirmation that you've refunded my donated funds, and although I think you could have been more forthcoming, I'm no longer as annoyed, and I thank you for dealing honestly with me - hakuna matata, as they say.  I trust you'll offer the same refund to anyone else who may have been misinformed misread the GoFundMe page.

Offline TeMpTiN

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Dory
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 10:17:30 PM »
I don't care about the refund. I would rather my $50 went to Mr. Deffert's children or a night out for him and his wife, ammo, property taxes, anything except MCRGO.

I don't know what kind of crap deal MCRGO gave Mr. Deffert but any respectable organization was going to stake horse a case they should not ask for the money back, further they should be prepared to go the distance.

Mr. Deffert was wronged, the ruling was $#|t the Judge should be censured. It sucks that the only real way to do that is with way more money for the attorneys to get the 6th to do it.

I make no secret I do NOT TRUST Dulan, and I think MCRGO gets to claim they get things done in spite of them selves.

I was willing to hold my nose regarding Dulan and help as much as I could, and I am sorry we as a group could not muster the support needed to make this thing happen.  I also wish the NRA was helping push activist judges off the bench, I just don't see them helping the grass roots with anything more than Name support so they can claim the publicity to push donations.

It sucks, It pisses me off, for the love of god please don't give the money I pledged to MCRGO. 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:10:05 AM by TeMpTiN »

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2015, 11:26:42 PM »
I thank you for dealing honestly with me - hakuna matata, as they say.

I got a chuckle out of that.
I hope Johann can laugh about it too.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Scandiacus

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2015, 12:37:40 AM »
I hope Johann can laugh about it too.

Ditto.  I figure a little comic relief never hurts in a tense discussion. Hopefully.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 12:59:25 AM »
And this is why I stayed clear of this. I felt the go fund me was worded strangely and I have observed this attorney in action and had little faith in MCRGO or him. Deffert got screwed no doubt.. But this is fraud plain and simple.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."