Author Topic: Freep article on Shawn Nixon, Oakland County Sheriff's Department  (Read 2749 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2015/06/10/open-carry-oakland-county-deputies-shawn-nixon-videotaping/28766823/

I don't have a major problem with Shawn obscenely denouncing law enforcement's efforts to infringe on his rights, does that
put me in the minority?

Many LEOs say they're trained to hurl F-bombs and worse in an effort to exert control over their employers.
Should provocative activists like Shawn wait for incoming F-Bombs before hurling them himself?

Perhaps the most effective way is to calmly or even snidely assert your rights until the badge-toters are reduced to obscene babbling, instead of dropping to that level yourself?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Freep article on Shawn Nixon, Oakland County Sheriff's Department
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »
Many LEOs say they're trained to hurl F-bombs and worse in an effort to exert control

I've never heard that.  I have heard that many departments actually prohibit swearing in their officer code of conduct.  A sergeant in the Detroit PD told me they forbid it.  Do they enforce it?  No, not really.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Freep article on Shawn Nixon, Oakland County Sheriff's Department
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:08:19 PM »
Well, if you got to Police One or similar forums, you can see people complaining about cursing being told that they just don't understand police work, you've got to use your Command Voice, and F-bombs are the only language that hood rats pay attention to...

Maybe I was wrong to say 'trained that way', but there are plenty of LEOs who feel pretty smug about doing it.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?