Author Topic: Wrongly convicted minor, imprisoned into his 30s, blames G.R. police.  (Read 5151 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
I think he should be thanking his lucky stars that the GR cops didn't try to cover up the 'new evidence' that finally exonerated him after more than 20 years.

I cannot imagine what this young man went through. Convicted at 16 of raping and beating a 10 year old, then sitting in prison until he'd spent as much time behind bars as outside them, then getting out in his mid 30s as a registered sex offender with zero job experience to claim for his entire lifetime...

In short, he went to prison because a frightened 10 year old girl was more afraid of the man who raped and beat her than she was of an innocent 16 year old kid.

That said, I don't think it's specifically the GRPD that failed him.
But our 'justice' system surely did.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/06/27/man-wrongly-sent-prison-rape-blames-police/29396725/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:57:17 PM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
I've read about this and yeah this kids/guys life was ripped away. I don't know what to say.....