Author Topic: MSNBC Open Carry Poll votes needed  (Read 5875 times)

Offline birddseedd

MSNBC Open Carry Poll votes needed
« on: June 29, 2015, 09:38:15 PM »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: MSNBC Open Carry Poll votes needed
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:49:37 PM »
Yep, voted (along with lots of others!)

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »
with their highly liberal audience, its still almost 9 out of 10 people supporting it.

Offline nmadole

• Wizard
  • MOC Member
    • The Gun Store
  • First Name (Displayed): Nick Madole
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
That poll is more than a year old ... ?
Owner - The Gun Store / Elysium Armament Nick@Migunstore.com

www.MIGunStore.com

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »
looks like it, tho by my count there is 4 to 6 thousand new votes today

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »
I didn't see a date, although by looking at the comments I see it is from 2014.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
Whatever happened to D: I do not support any laws regulating the open carrying of firearms in public?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »
Whatever happened to D: I do not support any laws regulating the open carrying of firearms in public?

Who are you asking?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 10:24:24 AM »
I thought to my self "I support laws to make it illegal to ban Open Carry" but that wasn't an option either.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 10:34:19 AM »
I read it as "laws allowing Open carry" considering that most states have legislation along those lines. Dumb as it is.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »
I read it as "laws allowing Open carry" considering that most states have legislation along those lines. Dumb as it is.

Apparently MSNBC's default position is "ban open carry everywhere", then the poll question is whether we support new laws to overturn the ban.

But, AFAIK, Michigan never had an 'open carry law' and I'd like to keep it that way. I almost answered the poll backwards because of that.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
Apparently MSNBC's default position is "ban open carry everywhere", then the poll question is whether we support new laws to overturn the ban.

But, AFAIK, Michigan never had an 'open carry law' and I'd like to keep it that way. I almost answered the poll backwards because of that.

They are pretty liberal so you're are likely right.

We view things a bit differently here in Michigan. we have no oc laws. So to us is natural that oc is our right and no law is neededto give us that rright. Other places like Texas have to write legislation to "make it legal"since they have otherwise banned it. Course, Now Texas allows it. But as you need a permit, it's still not a right. You can't license a"right"

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »
"But as you need a permit, it's still not a right. You can't license a"right""

...nor can you tax it. But try telling that to the NFA Branch, or to the Excise Tax collectors, or even the state sales tax divisions.
IMO, sales and excise taxes on guns and ammunition are as Constitutional as poll taxes or taxes on churches. (actually, of those I mentioned, the tax exempt status of churches is the only one that's on shaky ground. If churches have a 1A right to avoid taxation, why don't newspapers have the same right?)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »
Newspapers aren't a charitable organization.  This is an interesting read.

http://hushmoney.org/501c3-facts.htm

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
interesting idea tho, not taxing folks who are expressing a right.

although, i think the media makes enough profit, the rights part might not actually be an issue for them.

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 09:41:36 AM »
Newspapers aren't a charitable organization.  This is an interesting read.

http://hushmoney.org/501c3-facts.htm

Doesn't stop 'charitable foundations' like the Silly Preposterous Lie Center from declaring their political opponents to be hate groups or potential terrorists, and it doesn't stop the Joyce Foundation (originally formed to provide grants to hospitals) from being incredibly political.