Author Topic: Former CNN Anchor in Motel 6 Shootout  (Read 3730 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Former CNN Anchor in Motel 6 Shootout
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »
I haven't read a coherently written account of the incident, but did she, in the face of an armed attacker who had already deployed his handgun, remove a handgun from her purse and throw it at her husband?

Maybe, just maybe, she could have openly demonstrated her surgeon's skills at breast augmentation while flipping the gun to her husband behind her back, but to have the guy who's threatening to shoot you witness the handoff seems like a guarantee the husband will be receiving fire before he can shoot.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:53:02 AM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »
I read (or my reading of account ) he (husband) pulled the gun out of the purse.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »
So, rather than shoot the perp through the purse, she handed the purse to her husband, who presumably drew the gun from the purse in a firing stance?

That sounds a lot better than taking the gun out of the purse and giving it to hubby instead of putting it to immediate use.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »
Well some criminals are not that bright. If she tossed it to him maybe bad guy thought it was just to get to the money easier. :)

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 12:28:21 PM »
I'm OK with the way you think they did it.
The way I assumed just didn't make sense.

I can also see him preferring to get into a gunfight instead of watching his wife get into a gunfight.
But that was more likely her decision than his, considering that the gun started out in her possession.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 04:23:33 PM »
The good thing is that they were both "crack shots" per the linked story. Heck the big things are that they are okay and one less criminal with a gun is on the street.

And I can see as I reread the stories that I must have made my own conclusions about how the husband got the gun. There was nothing implied either way.

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »
I read somewhere that the BG shot Chuck with a .40 or 10mm, and that Chuck used a .38 or .357 revolver.
Don't remember where, it might have been in the comments to a TTAG article.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/01/us/new-mexico-motel-shooting/

Albuquerque police said they have yet to question de Caro, who had surgery for his wounds.

The gunman wanted money and other valuables, she said.

She told him she would look in her purse to see what they had. She reached down and put into the purse one of two handguns the couple had in a side table. She gave the handbag to her husband.

Russell said the guns were legal, something police are still investigating.

The man's behavior was increasingly erratic, Russell said. He told them to get a briefcase he saw.

The couple explained there was nothing of value in the bag, Russell said, but the man lunged at them and "went around the bed and then opened fire on Chuck. There was a firefight inside the room."

De Caro was shot once in the leg and twice in the abdomen.

He fired all the rounds in the first handgun, then picked up the other and shot the man, whom police identified in a statement as the "offender in the altercation." He was found in the parking lot and later died at a hospital, CNN affiliate KOAT-TV in Albuquerque reported.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:46:19 PM »
I guess she's Pro-Choice:

“If you don’t want to carry, please don’t,” Russell said to Fox 411. “Then, shut the f— up about it. Make your own decisions.”

“The discussion over the debate to own a gun is just ridiculous,” she told Fox 411. “As Americans we have the right to bear arms and as humans the right to protect ourselves. I’m sure that the man who shot my husband did not have a gun permit. Criminals will always have guns. The rest of us legally obtain our gun permits.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/07/ex-cnn-anchor-to-gun-controllers-shut-the-f-up

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 11:57:04 PM »
CNN's Piers Morgan disagrees.

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 07:40:20 AM »
I'd pay money to watch Russell obscenely 'tell off' Morgan.

I'm sure it would be more entertaining than watching a guy the size of Jeremy Clarkson punch Morgan. (the only truthful thing I ever heard out of Morgan's mouth was when he said Jeremy punches like a girl, which is sad, because I thought Jeremy would knock Piers' block off)