Author Topic: City of Flint shootings  (Read 6727 times)

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
City of Flint shootings
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:34:27 AM »
On August 5th there were a total of 7 people shot and one police officer stabbed. 3 of the people that were shot are in this article; http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/experts_on_both_sides_of_gun_c.html
Which is a fine defensive use of firearms if you ask me. So, 4 people were shot legally as it seems at this point. (3 from the article and one from stabbing the police officer) A little more on that, it was a 2 man city of Flint car. Suspect charged one officer, stabbed him and his partner shot the suspect. It has not made the news yet, but then again neither has the other 4 people shot. How is that "no carrying loaded firearms" in the city going?
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
Re: City of Flint shootings
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:36:31 AM »
Forgot to mention.... There is also a serial killer on the loose in Flint. Since mid May he has killed 5 people and injured 8. All were stabbed. So I guess there is one criminal following the gun ban.  ::)
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:30:52 AM »
Forgot to mention.... There is also a serial killer on the loose in Flint. Since mid May he has killed 5 people and injured 8. All were stabbed. So I guess there is one criminal following the gun ban.  ::)

Someone should say that to the crazy city councilwoman who wants the state to let Flint not be held to preemption.

Offline Advanced Security

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »
Guy shot and killed a guy in his driveway...

Here it is:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/experts_on_both_sides_of_gun_c.html

Jeff

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
Apparently this cop was a worse shot than the guy who was attacked by 5 guys.  The victim of that one atleast killed one of them, and shot the other two.  This cop, shot the guy, then the suspect was listed in "good condition."  No fatality.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/flint_man_faces_criminal_charg.html

Jeff

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
Citizen's are generally better shots than the average beat cop.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
Citizen's are generally better shots than the average beat cop.

Clearly, and that's sad.  Cop was point blank.

Jeff

Offline Bronson

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 03:47:03 AM »
I read a statistic recently that 70% of shooting victims survive.  Of course I've also read that nationally law enforcement has an 85% MISS rate.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 12:13:47 PM »
Did i read this correctly?

“We’ve never taken issue with law abiding citizens who have a weapon legally,” said Peter Hamm, communications director of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. “They have the right to defend themselves when in danger.”

did they actually give a rational statement???
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
Did i read this correctly?

“We’ve never taken issue with law abiding citizens who have a weapon legally,” said Peter Hamm, communications director of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. “They have the right to defend themselves when in danger.”

did they actually give a rational statement???

Lol. After I read that, the first thought through my head literally was, "Oh well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut."
Honestly, for me, its going to take a long track record of acting reasonable for the Brady people to convince me.

God bless,

Jeff

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »
I read a statistic recently that 70% of shooting victims survive.  Of course I've also read that nationally law enforcement has an 85% MISS rate.

95% percent of statistics are made up off the cuff (including this one).
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).