Author Topic: Gubanatorial Candidates  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Markalon

• 2AFirearmsDealer.com
  • First Name (Displayed): Mark
Gubanatorial Candidates
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:30:20 AM »
I'm curious what you all think? Who is the best candidate for Michigan Governor?

Especially with regard to 2A.

I've heard a lot of people like Mike Cox, but there is just something "wrong" about him in my book.

Personally, I like Bouchard, since he is currently Oakland County Sheriff and has a record of 2A defense, reducing wasteful spending, etc.

What do you all think?
Mark - 2A Firearms, Livonia, MI - I carry a gun because cops are too damn heavy.

2afirearmsdealer.com - Discount Firearms, Ammunition

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Gubanatorial Candidates
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
Bouchard opposed the shall issue CPL law and had to be forced to implement it.

Hoekstra voted for the Brady bill enough said.

Snyder is a wildcard who says lots of words but is much like zero in that there are no details in his plans.

Cox has a solid record as AG of being pro 2A not to mention other positives.

Like any politician he is not perfect but in my book he is better than the other options.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
cox is my vote. couple years ago he got blackmailed by someone from geoffery fieger's office threatening to expose an affair he had if i remember the story right. cox came to a regular press conference with his wife and admitted the affair. handled it best he could and denied fieger any chance to get to him. he's not perfect but who is? do you know how many press conferences i would need to have for cheating on girlfriends? he also was instrumental at putting kwame kilpatrick behind bars.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »
Looks like Snyder it is -- for better or worse.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »
I typically never vote republican nor democrat, but this year Snyder will most likely get my vote.  He doesn't appear to have a 2nd agenda at all, and I can respect that, sort of.  Michigan needs a manager, someone to drag our economy back to the top, instead of the bottom.  I believe he is the right choice right now, although the elections still some time away and my vote is always up for grabs.

The only thing I do not like about him is that he is a republican, but at least he isn't a career politician.  I actually compare him slightly to Ross Perot, who I also voted and fought for.  Our government is a business, a business in huge debt that needs to be reworked with intelligent and fresh non political management, and I think candidates like Perot and Snyder could be the future our society needs to continue to function. 

If he was anti-2nd he wouldn't get my vote, but as long as he isn't going to go after my firearms, I am happy.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 12:27:02 AM »
I typically never vote republican nor democrat, but this year Snyder will most likely get my vote.  He doesn't appear to have a 2nd agenda at all, and I can respect that, sort of.  Michigan needs a manager, someone to drag our economy back to the top, instead of the bottom.  I believe he is the right choice right now, although the elections still some time away and my vote is always up for grabs.

The only thing I do not like about him is that he is a republican, but at least he isn't a career politician.  I actually compare him slightly to Ross Perot, who I also voted and fought for.  Our government is a business, a business in huge debt that needs to be reworked with intelligent and fresh non political management, and I think candidates like Perot and Snyder could be the future our society needs to continue to function. 

If he was anti-2nd he wouldn't get my vote, but as long as he isn't going to go after my firearms, I am happy.

I read his website.  He seems a bit wishy washy on things.  Lots of "talking points", I'm not sure if he knows what he's talking about though.

I didn't vote for Mike Cox, my reason, his website look like it was down this evening.  Anyone who can't manage a campaign well enough to be firing on all cylinders on election day can't get my vote.  How will he manage a state?  I'm a Libertarian, which is a single candidate ticket.

Lansing Local proposals: All I can say is: No (CATA for Elderly), No (CATA), No (Parks), No (Library).
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:48:07 AM »
I'm curious what you all think? Who is the best candidate for Michigan Governor?

Especially with regard to 2A.

I've heard a lot of people like Mike Cox, but there is just something "wrong" about him in my book.

Personally, I like Bouchard, since he is currently Oakland County Sheriff and has a record of 2A defense, reducing wasteful spending, etc.

What do you all think?
Same here in regards to Bouchard. Bummer he didnt make it but what can you do. Personally I am very happy Cox didnt make it. As you stated there is something "wrong" with him.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »
Personally I am very happy Cox didnt make it. As you stated there is something "wrong" with him.

That reminds me of a woman I went to school with who didn't want to vote for Dukakis because she didn't like his nose.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine