Author Topic: Slingshot  (Read 8573 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Slingshot
« on: July 23, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
Saw a Slingshot in the parking lot today.  (Hopefully your browser displays the pics.  They show for me using Firefox, IE, and Chrome in Windows and Android).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
Re: Slingshot
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 05:36:35 PM »
Here you go Pond Scum!

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:34:47 AM »
Here you go Pond Scum!

Lol!  I don't think so!  I saw a couple of them at Babbitt's in Muskegon a few weeks ago when I was picking up parts for the Wing.  The look interesting and fun but I expect after 30 minutes I would wish I was driving something else .... like maybe a Red Corvette!   ;D

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 08:48:07 AM »
Lol!  I don't think so!  I saw a couple of them at Babbitt's in Muskegon a few weeks ago when I was picking up parts for the Wing.  The look interesting and fun but I expect after 30 minutes I would wish I was driving something else .... like maybe a Red Corvette!   ;D

Hey, somebody here might be able to sell you one of those.

I was going to embed a youtube video, but it seems the Midget Formerly Known As Prince doesn't want people posting his 30 year old music on the internet.

I did find this, for those who don't get popular culture references...
http://video.naij.com/view=urru8yz8
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:22:20 AM »
MSRP?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:34:20 AM »
$21K for model without windshield, $24K for model with (I think). Don't know what other differences are.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »
Not bad....
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
2016 prices

Base MSRP is $21K.

SL is $25K.  Adds windshield, red pearl paint, larger premium wheels, and media console with LCD screen, backup camera, 6 speaker audio system, and bluetooth.

SL LE is also $25K.  Adds dual windshields, custom orange paint, larger premium wheels, media console with LCD screen, backup camera, 6 speaker audio system, and bluetooth, and interior LED lighting.

However, you can get either windshield on any model, lighting kit on any model, and you can also add custom wheels, infotainment center, and choice of windshields to the base.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »
I would think a backup camera rather unnecessary on that, unless you have had cervical vertebrae fused.
It looks like you could practically reach out and feel for obstacles.

One important difference between this and a Can-Am:
Three wheel vehicles you sit on are harder to drive around corners than those you sit in, unless the seat and handlebars lean into corners. That's one of the things that made the Badsey Bullet a more enjoyable ride than the Badsey Fun Machine.

I'd like to know what the resale value is on a Bullet or a TriHawk:
http://www.designmassif.com/trihawk/trihawk_history.html
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Scandiacus

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 01:09:01 PM »
I saw one of those merging onto I-94 near exit 175 in Ann Arbor yesterday evening.  The driver was tailgating and dodging into lanes a bit more abruptly than I would have felt comfortable with in something so exposed, but it did look like fun.