Author Topic: MOC adopt a Highway Litter pickup Sept 25th SW Region Hartford Area  (Read 6148 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
We will be meeting at 7:00 AM on Sept 25th at the Panel Room Restaurant. There will be a short Safety meeting (required by the state) and I will hand out needed materials. We can plan to eat breakfast/brunch at the Panel Room and then we will load up and head over to the I94 and get to work. Remember this is a heavily traveled stretch of road and a great way to visibly get the word out!

As this was just cleaned in July it will be pretty easy!! And many hands make light work and a short job of it!!

I would recommend a pair of gloves and some sort of tool to pickup litter with! Bags will be provided.

You also might want bug spray and sunblock!!

Post in this thread or the one on OCDO or MGO if you can do this so that the Events Coordinator can get an accurate count thanks!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=maps&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:21:51 PM by autosurgeon »
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

anetsprungen

Re: MOC adopt a Highway Litter pickup Sept 25th SW Region Hartford Area
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:46:14 AM »
Thanks!

I have it on my calendar.  C'ya there.

Roy
 8)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »
This is coming up this Saturday! I could still use a few more good people to make this a timely and fun event!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

anetsprungen

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
Suggestion:  As I recall from when it was first created, the 'members' mailing list was only to be used by the board.  However, I think this would be a useful purpose, and suggest getting permission from the board to announce this to the membership since we do not have an effective way to tell which region the members are in.  If you couch in terms like the following, it might work without getting people riled.  Especially if it is coordinated with the South East Regional Coordinator and his deputies.

This is the second time this year, for the first year that MOC, Inc. has sponsored such an event.  There are two litter pickups this weekend.  South West Region is on the 25th and the South East Region is on the 26th.  All MOC members are invited to assist.  Please check out the posts on their respective forum events boards or the website Calendar of Events for details and contact the Regional Coordinator if you choose to assist.

Just a thought.

Roy
 8)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 11:20:03 PM »
I will ask Jeff to send such an email that I will Draft for him on Monday! Thanks for the ideas as well!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:42 PM »
Should be a good day for a litter pickup! The temps are forecasted for a high of 66!! That is 30 cooler than it was in July when we did it! Also the amount of trash is way down from the first time as it was just cleaned!!

Sunrise is at 7:30 AM so by the time we are done with breakfast it will be light out and we can get right to work!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:46:18 PM by autosurgeon »

anetsprungen

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »
That is really good news!  ;D

Nothing new has come up or come in, so I should be able to make it after all.  C'ya!

Roy
 8)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »
Great! Jvanhorn from MGO will be joining us as well as EM87 and Hopinpop when he gets off work. I also have several former students that have started OCing around the St Joseph area that are tentative as well. Unfortunately my brother has to work this time so he will not be able to attend... perhaps we can hang the sign on the back of your truck Roy?

anetsprungen

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »
... perhaps we can hang the sign on the back of your truck Roy?

Works for me!  I've got QuickClamps, duct tape, rope or string we can attach it with.  Which do you prefer or I can bring all of them?

Roy
 8)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
Bring em all ... then we will not have any problem attaching the banner ;D

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »
Get a good nights sleep. Come on out rested and ready for an awesome breakfast at the Panel Room! And bring a sweater or jacket as it will start out cool about 51. Remember we are meeting at 7:00 AM sunrise is at 7:30 and we will likely head over to the cleanup site about 7:45 or so. High temp for the day is forecast-ed as 60 so still pretty cool! Which will be awesome compared to 96 at the last event!!!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 12:57:33 AM »
Well even though we started with only three... we got her done in fairly decent time... took from 8:00 AM till around 1:00 PM

Jvanhorn, anetsprungen and myself started the event and Hopnpop and Mosnar87 both showed up right after they got out of work about 12:00 or so... the got there in time to help us clean the final interchange one of the harder sections.

I would like to thank Jvanhorn a MGO member that OCes from my area for the use of his truck and his willingness to help out with this event.

Anetsprungen you are an inspiration walking over 3.5 miles hauling trash with the health challenges you face every day!! Thank you!

Hopnpop and Mosnar87 I know you guys already put in a full day so a huge thank you for coming out as your help at the end when the rest of us were starting to drag was a great help!!

And with that here is the crew from left to right Hopnpop, Mosnar87, Anetsprungen,Jvanhorn, and Autosurgeon

Also a few pics of a couple of the guys finding treasures.