Author Topic: CC-C school board won’t fight Michigan’s open carry gun laws  (Read 3496 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
CC-C school board won’t fight Michigan’s open carry gun laws
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:24:28 PM »
“Most importantly, we have law-abiding citizens that are entitled to (open carry),” he said. “Why do I want to challenge them and make a hostile situation? I don’t think it’s right. I think we’ll be fine on what we’re doing. I’m going to consider it a point of pride, that we trust the people of our community.”

http://thedailynews.cc/2015/09/01/cc-c-school-board-wont-fight-michigans-open-carry-gun-laws/

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: CC-C school board won’t fight Michigan’s open carry gun laws
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:04:02 PM »
Murphy added, however, that board policy will likely create restrictions on open carry in the confines of school buildings.

“During a a school day it’s a little bit different. We’re entitled to do lockdowns whenever we want, it’s not discriminating, it’s a cause for concern,” he said. “I think we need a little bit more control when we have full class in session and I think we can support a constitutional right.”
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Kimber

• First Name (Displayed): Kimberly
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
Murphy added, however, that board policy will likely create restrictions on open carry in the confines of school buildings.

“During a a school day it’s a little bit different. We’re entitled to do lockdowns whenever we want, it’s not discriminating, it’s a cause for concern,” he said. “I think we need a little bit more control when we have full class in session and I think we can support a constitutional right.”

Interesting. So basically, they have publicly admitted to using their power to bully and manipulate to maintain control. Nothing like putting an entire school on "lockdown" to scare all the children because you know, cause for "concern" and ahem, it isn't "discriminating". Seems like Kevin Murphy is willing to abuse his power or attempt to, anyway.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 06:26:12 AM »
How can something that has never been linked to a crime, like open carry in a public school, be such a "cause for concern"?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »
The school board has yet to vote on a policy, but I anticipate the final policy to be very friendly to OCers who are willing to show their CPL, thus proving they meet a necessary legal exemption.