Author Topic: HI'YA!  (Read 9183 times)

Offline hisbetterhalf

HI'YA!
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
HI'YA!

There were many factors that brought hubby and I to pursue obtaining our CPL several years ago.  We found MOC soon after and have been active members since.  Hubby has been on the forums quite some time and suggested that I join to support/share.

Why I choose to open carry?  There has been much discussion on losing tactical advantage by open carry vs. concealed carry.  My goal in carry is protection.  I hope to NEVER have to pull my gun from the holster.........to NEVER have to pull the trigger.  (Except for, of course, practice and training)  I see open carry as not only my RIGHT.........but, as a deterrent.  Criminals look for the easy victim.  Open carry assists me in becoming a less inviting target.

A side story..........while carrying in our community..........a police officer chose to THANK us for open carry..........stating that he wished more in our community would.  He says he wants the criminal factors to look at our town and choose to NOT come here as, "Those crazy @#**#@ carry guns."

I'll be seeing y'all on the forums!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: HI'YA!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »
Welcome from Okemos. :)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:31:42 AM »
Welcome!

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:07:59 AM »
Greetings from Charlotte.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »
Welcome!  Nice review of your reasons to OC!   :D

Offline LadyBeth

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »
Hi from the Yard!!!

Offline hisbetterhalf