Author Topic: Saturday drive  (Read 11181 times)

Offline Theraven536

• First Name (Displayed): Ken
Saturday drive
« on: October 12, 2015, 12:02:45 AM »
I had to make my monthly sad drive from Jackson to Indian River yesterday. I get my youngest (Zander, 3) once a month, for a week, the first week of the month. So taking Bug back up to the meeting place (I would rather I have custody, but this is not the place for that) is a 3 1/2-4hour drive. Depending on the number of pee breaks his 3 year old bladder needs. I don't know why, but this trip his bladder was being lazy, I believe I stopped at every rest area on my way north...
I was OC my 1911 in my new drop leg, retention holster. I love playing around with Bug, and we goof off quite a bit, always safely, but goofing off none the less. He knows not to touch daddy's guns, and is very good about it.

I didn't run into any issues, outside of the frowns from a few people.

On the way home, the GF and I made a few stops just to walk around. One of those stops was a gas station, I have no clue where we were, but it was a BP. Inside, Taylor (GF) and I were being our goofy selves. Taylor ended up picking up a pack of cigarettes (she is planning on quitting by my birthday) and the clerk was just staring at my firearm. He would talk with her, and look at her, but look right back at my firearm. So I walked right next to her, and started teasing Taylor lightheartedly. That seemed to help him relax. Nothing was said about it, and no issues.

Please excuse typos or grammar issues, typing this up on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline michaelm_ski

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
Re: Saturday drive
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
I had to make my monthly sad drive from Jackson to Indian River yesterday. I get my youngest (Zander, 3) once a month, for a week, the first week of the month. So taking Bug back up to the meeting place (I would rather I have custody, but this is not the place for that) is a 3 1/2-4hour drive. Depending on the number of pee breaks his 3 year old bladder needs. I don't know why, but this trip his bladder was being lazy, I believe I stopped at every rest area on my way north...
I was OC my 1911 in my new drop leg, retention holster. I love playing around with Bug, and we goof off quite a bit, always safely, but goofing off none the less. He knows not to touch daddy's guns, and is very good about it.

I didn't run into any issues, outside of the frowns from a few people.

On the way home, the GF and I made a few stops just to walk around. One of those stops was a gas station, I have no clue where we were, but it was a BP. Inside, Taylor (GF) and I were being our goofy selves. Taylor ended up picking up a pack of cigarettes (she is planning on quitting by my birthday) and the clerk was just staring at my firearm. He would talk with her, and look at her, but look right back at my firearm. So I walked right next to her, and started teasing Taylor lightheartedly. That seemed to help him relax. Nothing was said about it, and no issues.

Please excuse typos or grammar issues, typing this up on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Some people especially gas station attendants are just plain spooked because of the fear of being robbed , I always tell them that I'm one of the good guys and pose no threat to them.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »
..... Taylor ended up picking up a pack of cigarettes (she is planning on quitting by my birthday).....

I would suggest you take her shopping for a e-cigarette/vaporizer.  I smoked for 20+ years and completely gave up cig's within a week of my first vape about 2 years ago.  I doubt I have saved any money yet as it turned into a hobby (trying new devices, making my own juice(store bought juice is crazy expensive versus DIY)) but my asthmatic lung capacity has increased dramatically (longer walks, bike rides, etc) and no more bouts of bronchitis twice every year anymore.  The savings are coming now that I have enough gear and nicotine stocked to last me 20+ years.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:00:38 PM »
fozzy, isn't that supposed to be a temporary measure to get one to quit?  I don't think the point is to do that forever. :D

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:16 PM »
fozzy, isn't that supposed to be a temporary measure to get one to quit?  I don't think the point is to do that forever. :D

even if forever if it is better than than the stinkies/analogs

it is called: harm reduction