Author Topic: Jeff Haman Legal Fund  (Read 24153 times)

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
Jeff Haman Legal Fund
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »
Please follow the link for details. We encourage everyone to consider helping out, every dollar counts!

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/pages/jeff-haman-legal-fund
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Jeff Haman Legal Fund
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:22:26 AM »
Gunpal account now set up, you can make donations via credit or debit card!
United we STAND!

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:53:12 PM »
I put what I could in and appreciate all Your Help! I will get justice no matter how much it cost them.This is for the people,who are the sovereigns and employers of government.The OC guys paid $72 for the FOIA and will reap what they have sown thereafter! Thank You and God Bless! Jeffery T. Haman.
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »
ill see how things are at the end of the week,if i can even spare 5 bucks,i will!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »
ill see how things are at the end of the week,if i can even spare 5 bucks,i will!
[/q
uote]
Thats how it works! Thanks!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 04:15:22 AM »
Maybe we can get some type of fund raisers going? We need to make this happen in my honest opinion. If not we will/may all become targets of the "anti-oc" elements in our PDs. Auctions, bowling, shooting comps (charge entry fee$ winner gets "sweet firearm" and so on.
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »
Maybe we can get some type of fund raisers going? We need to make this happen in my honest opinion. If not we will/may all become targets of the "anti-oc" elements in our PDs. Auctions, bowling, shooting comps (charge entry fee$ winner gets "sweet firearm" and so on.

Spaghetti dinners seem kind of churchish -- but!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline mike

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »
No offense, but I'd like to know how much is being charged per hour for representation. Are we getting any sort of discount? If this has been discussed before at any of our meetings I aplogize. I'm not aware of all the goings on as I travel for work quite a bit. I'm willing to make a sizeable donation (for me), and want to ensure we get the best for our money.
Mike

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 04:43:37 PM »
I have some stuff I can sell in a yard sale if I must,I'm hopeing donations will do it first!

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:59:56 PM »
Bump so some other cheap bastards will donate for some case law.

Pay To

Recipient Account:
president@miopencarry.org Recipient Name:
Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
Purchase Details

Description:
1 - Jeff Haman Legal Fund Donation Amount:
$50.00 USD

Bill To:
fozzy71

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »
Greetings

We would like to notify you that funds totaling $100.00 were sent to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. on 2010-09-14.
#    Item ID    Item Name    Price    Quantity    Ext.
1    1    Jeff Haman Legal Fund    $100.00    1    $100.00
          TOTAL:              $100.00

Kind Regards,
The GPal Team

OK folks.  It's time.  It's time to reach for your wallets or stay at home with your guns.  I spoke to Mr. Dulan today on personal matter and he has established credibility with me.  If he says the case stands a good chance, then we need to go for it.

Get out the wallets -- now.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »
I agree with TheQ and today I sent what I could.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
How about a match challenge for up to $500?  Do we have a member or group of members who would be willing to match up to $500 to encourage others to donate?  This would put us over the top.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
Well, I have been in a major no-cash rash lately, but I was able to sneak $20 out of my wallet today. We need $813.74 as of today!

Here's an idea, how about I auction off a collector's set of Michigan Open Carry Memorial Coins? I would purchase the coins myself and then auction them off to the highest bidder. Just think, here is your chance to obtain a rare 2009 MOC coin in mint condition as well as a 2010 coin fresh off the presses. I would think a starting point for this would be around $100.00

Anyone interested?
United we STAND!

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 03:49:18 PM »
793.13 now!  Laid off yesterday but still could put in $20.00

I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
whoops 793.74

cant do math either!
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 03:11:29 PM »
Thank You and Good luck! My late nieces name was Onnie!

Offline emt805

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 01:04:20 AM »
Just a thought, since this is going into a general fund after the funds are back from winning the case, if I read correctly? Why not put part of membership fees into this account? Something like $3 or $5 off of each membership into this fund?

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »
If MOC puts membership monies into the fund, we would not be eligible for Federal Tax exemption as this would be a benefit to a particular person.
United we STAND!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »
If MOC puts membership monies into the fund, we would not be eligible for Federal Tax exemption as this would be a benefit to a particular person.

Yep this!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
The goal of $2500 has been met. The board of Michigan Open Carry will be in contact with Jeff and his attorney this week to take the next step. Thank you to all those who have donated to the cause.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
Good Luck Jeff!
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
The goal of $2500 has been met. The board of Michigan Open Carry will be in contact with Jeff and his attorney this week to take the next step. Thank you to all those who have donated to the cause.
What he said! Thank You and God Bless! Jeffery T. Haman.

• MOC Leadership
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »
keep us updated if you would on the progress. ;D

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »
The following is undoubtedly going to provoke some people, but what I am about to say, needs to be said.

I have following this subject matter on the other open carry forum. And I find it disgusting that a few people find it necessary to disrupt the progress of this endeavor.

First to those that requested chargebacks from gunpal. What service or product did you not receive. Wasn't it a donation? And did your donation not come out of your account? What possible legitimate reason would you have to request a charge back? What did you not get from MOC?

I can understand that MOC has a complaint, but what is yours? There is absolutely none whatsoever. Your actions are despicable to say the least.

Now, having said that, and I expect it to result in an admonishment from the super duper mod if not a down right ban, I want to make this public pledge to MOC and the legal fund for hamaneggs:

I will provide MOC with the full amount that is in limbo with gunpal until the situation is resolved and they receive their money. Furthermore, I will reimburse MOC for the chargeback fees that they may incur from the dubious actions of the few that want to make a name for themselves. I will also donate an amount equal to that which may get charged back because of these self centered and inept individuals.

I will work out the details with the board as soon as they PM me.

Now what do those couple of whiners have to complain about?

Take your money back and choke on it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:22:02 AM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Bronson

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 01:18:34 AM »
The following is undoubtedly going to provoke some people, but what I am about to say, needs to be said.

I have following this subject matter on the other open carry forum. And I find it disgusting that a few people find it necessary to disrupt the progress of this endeavor.

First to those that requested chargebacks from gunpal. What service or product did you not receive. Wasn't it a donation? And did your donation not come out of your account? What possible legitimate reason would you have to request a charge back? What did you not get from MOC?

I can understand that MOC has a complaint, but what is yours? There is absolutely none whatsoever. Your actions are despicable to say the least.

Now, having said that, and I expect it to result in an admonishment from the super duper mod if not a down right ban, I want to make this public pledge to MOC and the legal fund for hamaneggs:

I will provide MOC with the full amount that is in limbo with gunpal until the situation is resolved and they receive their money. Furthermore, I will reimburse MOC for the chargeback fees that they may incur from the dubious actions of the few that want to make a name for themselves. I will also donate an amount equal to that which may get charged back because of these self centered and inept individuals.

I will work out the details with the board as soon as they PM me.

Now what do those couple of whiners have to complain about?

Take your money back and choke on it.

Wow.  Way to go Pat.

Should we ever meet you will get a handshake and a beverage of your choice.

Again, Wow.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 07:09:06 AM »
Pat you sir are a true patriot!

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
Removed due to deliberate trolling.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:48:32 AM by autosurgeon »
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 12:49:04 PM »
Well I have had my differences with Pat but I always knew that he was a good man. Just BC I don't always agree with someone does not mean I hate them or think they are evil.

I would imagine many others are in the same boat with many of the people they interact with on a daily basis. I am sure Pat feels the same about some of the people he has to interact with.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »
Enough said....

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
I appreciate your offer to MOC,and have emailed the board,asking what they think.Thank You and God Bless for providing a plan B!

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »
The Board will be meeting tomorrow at 9 to discuss this issue.

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
what was the result?
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
I hesitate to bring it up, but my chargeback was recently finalized.  I sent $135 to MOC via PayPal.  $100 for the original Jeff H. donation and $35 for the chargeback.  I hope the money gets to the right spots and I hope the rest of the balance is recovered from GPal soon.

Offline RandyK

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »
MOC still has not recieved the funds from Gpal yet. I an effort to expidite the process an MOC member has agreed to loan MOC the money in order to get Jeff his $2500.00. This member is confident Gpal will come through, but it will take more time(something we don't have). MOC will then pay this member back with no intrest charged.   

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
Still don't understand why MOC needs to borrow money from anyone in this case? Doesnt MOC have its own geneal fund with, from what I last heard was somewhere near $6000?

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:24 PM »
The general fund of this organization is used to run this organization. The current balance of that account is given at the monthly Teasmspeak meeting. The Legal fund is a completely separate account funded by donations with the specific use of helping cover legal expenses with the end goal of creating a legal fund from monies won. It is only because a member has offered to cover the monies that we have chosen to accept this loan that has ZERO risk to MOC or it's members.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:04:23 PM by scot623 »

Offline METL

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 11:16:08 PM »
I know I'm new here and this doesn't really involve me... but can someoen catch me up to speed on this?

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 08:56:38 AM »
short version:
Jeff Haman (hamaneggs) had a legal case we all wanted to chip in to help with, and he needed funds for the lawyer.
MOC  utilized GunPal at the behest of a lot of PayPal haters (PayPal deserves it, they are very anti-2nd), a service similar to PayPal, but firearms and 2nd friendly.
MOC's membership, others, and everyone's sister chipped in and reached the goal, forget what it was, around 3K I think.
GunPal ended up being great for small transfers, but felt many MANY months was a good time frame to conduct an instant electronic bank transfer.
donators and MOC and Jeff and lawyer all upset and a few folks cancel their already done Gpal payment and create a chargeback.
Gpal gets upset and guess what, holds all the cards and freezes everything because of chargebacks, well, it was frozen anyways, right, lol.
Anonymous member who I think everyone knows about, loans MOC the cash with no strings attached, until Gpal makes good on instant transfer from months ago.
Those are the highlights :)

If you read between the lines, you should learn: PayPal sucks, Gpal sucks, lawyers cost a lot of money, OCers stick together, one MOC member has money and believes in the cause and that Gpal will eventually come through.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline METL

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
Thanks!    Hope everything works out...  that really blows...