Author Topic: Anthony Bosworth convicted of failure to obey orders  (Read 3237 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Anthony Bosworth convicted of failure to obey orders
« on: October 27, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »
OC protester outside a federal courthouse was convicted by a magistrate in the courthouse of scaring the muggles and disobeying orders of federal building security workers.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/oct/26/gun-rights-activist-bosworth-guilty-of-disobeying-/

Did he really think he could insist on a fair trial in a FEDERAL court, especially in front of a magistrate and not a real judge?

Rosanna M. Peterson, chief judge for the Eastern District of Washington, signed an order in March, shortly after Bosworth’s arrest, extending the gun-free zone on the courthouse campus to the courtyard. That order was rescinded a month later.

As of Monday afternoon, there were no signs on the courthouse plaza prohibiting guns. Bosworth’s weapons remain in custody of authorities.

Federal prosecutors offered Bosworth a $50 ticket as a settlement of the case, Stevens said.

“My client said, ‘I’d rather hang,’” Stevens said.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:34:17 AM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Re: Anthony Bosworth convicted of failure to obey orders
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 07:37:20 AM »
In other federal courthouse security worker news...not even they can expect a fair hearing before a feral magistrate:

The lawyers for a former Monroe County administrator and a former federal courthouse security officer accused of scheming to receive two fully automatic guns while out on bail claim the judge who revoked their bond showed bias against them at their detention hearing...

The lawyers also allege that Snow failed to fully consider federal law that allows licensed gun dealers to continue to sell guns until they are convicted.

Snow “was informed of the provisions of (federal law) providing that a federal firearms dealer may continue in operation through an indictment, conviction, and appeal, the court found this law to be ‘unbelievable,’ referring to the legal right of Outbreak Ordnance to continue to operate during the pretrial period as a ‘technicality,’” the lawyers argued in the motion. 

http://keysnews.com/node/70661
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:49:27 AM »
Technicality?  Loophole?  Isn't that called the "law?"

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 08:48:30 PM »
I wish I could say that's the first time I saw one of the Robed Ones take a more expansive view of criminal statute than the wording of the statute itself. I'd consider it grounds for recall if it were a county judge. But you'll never get Congress to impeach over something like that.