Author Topic: Anyone who OC's in Flint township?  (Read 12478 times)

Offline GhostOfSparta85

• First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Anyone who OC's in Flint township?
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
Hey all,

Is there anyone who lives in Flint township (not the city) that OC's around here?  Or do you know anyone who does?  I mentioned in my introduction thread that I do have a CPL, but I'd like to OC more.  I OC around my house, yard and neighborhood and was considering getting ballsy and trying Kroger.  I just don't know how the police around here handle it.  I've never seen anyone OC around here before, so it makes me incredibly nervous. 

EDIT:  Son of a gun, I posted this in the wrong spot.  I meant to post this in Ocean questions.  I suck at this...

Offline manicdevery

Re: Anyone who OC's in Flint township?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:16:48 PM »
I used to a few years ago and as long as you compose yourself in a professional manner I believe 90% of people don't even notice. I do not OC anymore do to some more socially unacceptable tattoos I decided on.

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
Hey all,

Is there anyone who lives in Flint township (not the city) that OC's around here?  Or do you know anyone who does?  I mentioned in my introduction thread that I do have a CPL, but I'd like to OC more.  I OC around my house, yard and neighborhood and was considering getting ballsy and trying Kroger.  I just don't know how the police around here handle it.  I've never seen anyone OC around here before, so it makes me incredibly nervous. 

EDIT:  Son of a gun, I posted this in the wrong spot.  I meant to post this in Ocean questions.  I suck at this...
I am not in Flint but can tell you everything you need to know. Just be nice (But firm) if police show up and remember open carry is not brandishing and is completly legal in MI. It doesnt matter how police handle it because its not illegal just be nice and firm, show ID if you want to its not a requirement even though they may lie to you (Unless you have committed a crime). Refer to the open carry pages here to get more info on the laws.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »
I was in the city last week -- I was attending a dinner at a bar with a group of friends. I openly carried there with no issues, as I had done there prior.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Gary_Runningbear

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »
Q, no guns are allowed in ANY establishment in Michigan that has a liquor license. You got extremely lucky, my friend. Search: Michigan open carry laws.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 09:38:59 PM »
Wrong on so many counts.

Q, no guns are allowed in ANY establishment in Michigan that has a liquor license. You got extremely lucky, my friend. Search: Michigan open carry laws.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 11:04:27 PM »
Wrong on so many counts.

But correct on one count:
"Search: Michigan open carry laws."

Or, better yet, read this:
https://media.miopencarry.org/publications/moc/Trifold.pdf
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »
I am not in Flint but can tell you everything you need to know. Just be nice (But firm) if police show up and remember open carry is not brandishing and is completly legal in MI. It doesnt matter how police handle it because its not illegal just be nice and firm, show ID if you want to its not a requirement even though they may lie to you (Unless you have committed a crime). Refer to the open carry pages here to get more info on the laws.

Ive not gotten in on any of these discussions in the past. I agree ID is not necessary even though most officers will ask for it ASAP.

HOWEVER, if you are in Krogers, as mentioned, then CPL is req to OC(liquor license) and then I believe ID is req on demand.

Ive often wondered who has the treaspass ability, ioe get out this is private property, the owner, obviously. A customer, doubtful, or some 17 yo clerk that dont like it??