Author Topic: Carson City-Crystal school board leading way in crafting open carry guidelines  (Read 1077 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
CARSON CITY — Seated in the back row, attending his second consecutive school board meeting, Tom Lambert listened Monday evening as the Carson City-Crystal Area Schools Board of Education once again discussed open carry gun laws.

Attached at his hip? A pistol, which is within his legal right to do so, on school district property, per state law.

http://thedailynews.cc/2015/11/12/carson-city-crystal-school-board-leading-way-in-crafting-open-carry-gun-guidelines/

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Quote of the day, highlighting the GOP way of looking at civil rights:

“It’s unfortunate that we even have to have this discussion, but there are bad (people) out there, and that’s why we give up a lot of our rights,” Outman said. “There’s a reason we lock our doors at night. You give up (we  in the legislature violate) personal rights, unfortunately, because there are bad (people) in the world.”
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:53:51 PM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
I thought that was pretty disappointing too. Compared to other articles on the subject, it's pretty good.

Offline Divegeek

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
It says "Tom Lambert, legislative director with Michigan Open Carry Inc". I thought you were el Presidente? or are you both?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
It says "Tom Lambert, legislative director with Michigan Open Carry Inc". I thought you were el Presidente? or are you both?

Both

http://www.miopencarry.org/contact

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
I thought that was pretty disappointing too. Compared to other articles on the subject, it's pretty good.

The article is very good. If it were any better, I'd have to call it biased in our favor.

The GOP Representative's quote sounds like a man who represents the GOP, and that's "unfortunate".
He implies that he is against the idea of responding to crime by passing laws to violate the rights of everybody who DIDN'T commit a crime, but then refuses to elaborate at all. Perish the thought that he might actually say that it's wrong to violate rights, or that he'll do something concrete to protect rights. Politicians like to ride the fence on divisive issues because they don't want to alienate anybody, but sometimes if they aim for the middle accurately enough, they succeed in pissing off both sides. I wonder if he managed to do that by admitting these are "Rights" we're talking about (pissing off those who don't believe we have a right to armed self defense) while refusing to lift a finger to support our rights, (pissing off those whose rights are being violated).
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
Is there a member of MOC or other group who we could support for the seat from six lakes? Mr Outman states that fear is something to be given into instead of confronted and dealt with. That is not a free society but one where an elite can use that fear to control the population. That is an unacceptable position from some one who claims to support conservative, self responsible, small government political party.

I also find it extremely unnerving the attempt by the anti-self-defense/self-responsibility groups that only they have the interests of the children at heart. Being a father and also a reasonably well read student of history; I find their position to be dishonest to say the very least.

Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
None that I know of. Outman is term limited and will thus be replaced beginning in 2017.