Author Topic: Gun Control - What do you propose?  (Read 15989 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Gun Control - What do you propose?
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:06:05 PM »
freediver, now that the veil has been lifted and you have been exposed, let's have a real conversation.

You obviously support gun control. Ok, like what? Propose something here and let's have a respectful and honest discussion. No more lying.

Offline freediver

Re: Gun Control - What do you propose?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 09:23:21 PM »
I've never lied. I've been upfront about my opinions and thoughts every step of the way. I have been open about my background, my experience level, and why I believe we need to change gun regulations, that unfettered access to firearms is not working, and we the gun owners need to be hat instrument of change. Before someone else changes it for us.

If you read my posts I have been consistent in those thoughts. I've been involved in at least a half dozen threads. Was there something unclear? What else would you like to know?

Offline CharleyVCU1988

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »
You worry about the mentally ill obtaining firearms.

So how are YOU going to define what is mentally ill, without The State abusing the definition? 

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
I've never lied. I've been upfront about my opinions and thoughts every step of the way. I have been open about my background, my experience level, and why I believe we need to change gun regulations, that unfettered access to firearms is not working, and we the gun owners need to be hat instrument of change. Before someone else changes it for us.

If you read my posts I have been consistent in those thoughts. I've been involved in at least a half dozen threads. Was there something unclear? What else would you like to know?

So propose something. Let's hear what specifically you have in mind.

Offline freediver

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:43:34 AM »
Gentlemen, please read my numerous posts on other threads. It's all there in black and white. I've been very open and upfront on my facts and my opinions.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »
Gentlemen, please read my numerous posts on other threads. It's all there in black and white. I've been very open and upfront on my facts and my opinions.

You have said a lot. Pick something out, perhaps your favorite idea, and suggest it here. Let us focus on one item and discuss it.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 09:57:42 AM »
He seems to be big on universal background checks on all gun purchases -- especially "evil" semi-auto "military style assault" rifles bought from a private party.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »
Homeowners who don't have a certain security level gun safe for all of their firearms guilty of and prosecuted for misdemeanor or felony (he hasn't specified which one).

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 12:34:36 PM »
You have said a lot. Pick something out, perhaps your favorite idea, and suggest it here. Let us focus on one item and discuss it.
Tom, I tried this before he "left" the first time. He wont actually discuss point by point. He is only here to state his ideas, ask for real gun owners thoughts and then gets mad when we ask him to clarify.

I have actually either asked a question myself or have pointed out that there was a question asked by someone else in numerous threads. He has not answered any of those times and will not answer now. He will probably be "traveling" which is his standard excuse for leaving for a week or two so he doesn't have to answer a question asked.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:45:51 PM by TucTom »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 02:34:28 PM »
I had no trouble getting on the MOC website when I was traveling in Ireland and Israel.  Maybe he doesn't understand how to connect when away from home.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 02:50:25 PM »
Well of course you can Dan, you also probably know that ads on websites are a lot of times based on the users/computers habits too.

doesch

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »
I believe we need to change gun regulations, that unfettered access to firearms is not working,

Where was I for this? I would hardly say our current system is unfettered. Do we need to list every check someone needs to go through to buy a gun, carry a gun, or restrictions that have been placed on owning guns because of certain cosmetic features like a VG on a pistol?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »
Come on freediver, list something specific and let's talk about it. You came here to push gun control so push it. Just saying guns are bad isn't going to cut it, I want to know what you propose.

Offline freediver

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 08:11:51 PM »
Once again Mr bigT: I've proposed a lot of things in numerous threads. Too numerous to repeat here. If you want to know more about my proposals, they're right there in black and white for your perusal. Get comfortable; my wife tells me I can get verbose at times.

Good luck.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 08:21:44 PM »
Once again Mr bigT: I've proposed a lot of things in numerous threads. Too numerous to repeat here. If you want to know more about my proposals, they're right there in black and white for your perusal. Get comfortable; my wife tells me I can get verbose at times.

Good luck.

Too numerous to repeat and you can't be bothered to do so, yet you will repeatedly repeat that they are too numerous to repeat and you can't be bothered to repeat them. Also, it's black and light blue.

You say you want to talk about this yet now that you have been exposed you no longer want to. What happened? Why are you no longer able to carry on this conversation now that everyone knows who you are.

Offline freediver

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »
Everyone knows who I am? Wow, I've never had this kind of attention in my life! Thank you, all you adoring fans. I'll try and live up to the reputation you've bestowed upon me.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 01:56:34 AM »
I've proposed a lot of things in numerous threads. Too numerous to repeat here.

Actually you were kind of sparse on a lot of stuff.  You listed problems: FFLs who break the law by selling to prohibited people, stolen guns on the street, mentally unstable people owning firearms, universal background checks, ...

Specifically what do you propose?

a) FFLs who break the law.  What do you propose there, make it illegal?  It already is.  And I'm not sure there are that many, statistically or practically speaking.  Sometimes when the ATF finds out about them they let them run illegally for a year or two to make a better court case.  One case I am familiar with happened in Arizona where an FFL was selling guns to the Hells Angels.  The ATF knew about this and let it continue, hoping not only to get him but some MCs as well.  In the meantime, hundreds of guns were transferred to prohibited people--including converted full-auto guns--with the ATF's full knowledge.  While they eventually arrested the FFL, hundreds of guns, including machine guns, are now out on the street, probably all in the hands of criminals.  The ATF let that happen, on purpose.

b) stolen guns.  What do you propose there, make it illegal to steal a gun?  It already is.  Make it illegal to break into a house?  It already is.  Make it a misdemeanor or felony for a gun owner to not own a specified security-level gun safe and put him in prison if he doesn't?

c) preventing mentally unstable people from owning guns.  What do you propose there, abolishing HIPAA and making every psychologist and psychiatrist report their patients to the .gov?  If a teacher thinks one of his/her students is depressed about bad grades or girls, report him/her to the .gov?  Report anyone who is too anti-religion or too pro-religion to the .gov?  Report anyone who criticizes our government to the .gov?  And then change the law to state that anyone who anyone else thinks is suspect becomes a prohibited person?

d) universal background checks.  Michigan, New York, Illinois, and Washington D.C. all require handgun registration and/or background checks.  I'm sure there are others that do as well, these are the ones I know about.  Where is there high crime with handguns?  Michigan, New York, Illinois, and Washington D.C.  UBCs do nothing to stop gun crime because criminals generally don't use legal guns to begin with.  All it does is create a database of known firearms owners with types and quantities of firearms.  That could never be misused by the .gov, could it?

Let's start with these four things that you have identified as problems.  Propose solid solutions and let's see what they are.

Offline freediver

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 07:02:44 AM »
Mr gryphon: I have proposed specific solutions, many times. If you need to refresh your memory, please go back and re-read the threads.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »
Mr gryphon: I have proposed specific solutions, many times. If you need to refresh your memory, please go back and re-read the threads.
All I've seen is hand waving, we gotta do something

Offline Ultra

• More Than You Bargained For
  • Ultranewschannel.tumblr.com
    • Autopuzzles
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »
All I've seen is hand waving, we gotta do something

This ^
Ultranewschannel.Tumblr.Com