Author Topic: Sheriff: All Licensed Handgun Owners Should Carry Them  (Read 4198 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Sheriff: All Licensed Handgun Owners Should Carry Them
« on: December 03, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »
So says the Ulster County Sheriff.  However, not everyone agrees.

“I think law enforcement is there and paid by us to look after us, and shouldn’t need help from the citizenry to do that,” one man said.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/03/ulster-county-sheriff-carry-guns/

facepalm

Offline Redwingsrule6971

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Laurie
Re: Sheriff: All Licensed Handgun Owners Should Carry Them
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:47:17 PM »
It'd be nice if all sheriffs/police departments came out with similar statements. What a message it would send to Obama and gun control advocates. That's wishful thinking on my part... But it'd be nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of a man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »
It'd be nice if all sheriffs/police departments came out with similar statements. What a message it would send to Obama and gun control advocates. That's wishful thinking on my part... But it'd be nice!

Actually we are seeing more & more top LEO's advocating the public carrying and resisting active shooters when confronted.

It's encouraging.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:34:30 AM »
Actually we are seeing more & more top LEO's advocating the public carrying and resisting active shooters when confronted.

It's encouraging.

Remove the words "carrying and", and you can even add District of Criminals' top cop Cathy Lanier to that list.
I'm still not sure what we should resist with in DC. Maybe we should hit them with our handbags?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 09:13:18 AM »
Remove the words "carrying and", and you can even add District of Criminals' top cop Cathy Lanier to that list.
I'm still not sure what we should resist with in DC. Maybe we should hit them with our manbags?

Fixed it for you.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »
The people who work in DC (at least the one I know personally) already call firearms advocates Teabaggers.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Redwingsrule6971

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Laurie
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 09:15:33 PM »

It's encouraging.

I do see that and I'm glad Detroit's Chief Craig is vocal about it. 

"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of a man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." - Susan B. Anthony