Author Topic: Arts Beats and Eat Liquor License  (Read 6052 times)

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Arts Beats and Eat Liquor License
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »
 Arts, Beats, and Eats Liquor License

Moved this topic to a new thread to ensure the information is not lost.

The ABE Liquor License does indeed cover the ENTIRE FESTIVAL GROUNDS, as confirmed by Jon Witz, President of ABE Inc, and the Royal Oak Police Department. We have gotten word that the Liquor License Package has been reviewed and approved and is awaiting final approval by Linda Ellsworth of the MLCC.

Due to MCL 750.234d, a person without a CPL will not be able the Open Carry at the ABE Festival. I know we have heard from the Royal Oak Police and the Oakland County Sheriff that they will not hassle anyone Open Carrying nor arrest anyone for violation of this law. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend that a person without a CPL Open Carry at the ABE Festival, nor transport a firearm encased to/from a residence/business within the Festival Grounds. I do believe that it is a RIGHTS VIOLATION and that action still needs to be taken.

The following are the points that need to be addressed with the MLCC (Michigan Liquor Control Commission) for making the Entire Festival Grounds an Establishment under the MI Liquor Control Act:

1. Allow Alcohol to be possessed and consumed on Public Streets/Sidewalks in Violation of Royal Oak City Ordinance 278-35 (Disorderly Conduct).

2. Allow Minors Under 17 to be admitted to or remain in a place where alcohol is sold and consumed without Direct Parental Supervision (MCL 750.141). The fair is not being billed as an Adult Event/Venue.

3. Allow NON-CPL Holders to be prohibited from possession, carry, and transport of firearms on Public Streets/Sidewalks for any lawful purpose according to MCL 750.234d (h). This does not just cover Open Carry for Non-CPL Holders, it includes lawful firearm transport to/from residences/businesses within the Festival Grounds. Any Non-CPL holder would AUTOMATICALLY be guilty of a MISDEMEANOR just by leaving their residence/business with an encased firearm.

4. The violation of US Constitution 2nd Amendment and MI Constitution Article 1 Section 6 since the Festival Grounds encompass Public Streets/Sidewalks, Residences, and Businesses.

I urge you to contact the MLCC, addressing these concerns to Linda Ellsworth (Licensing) and Nida Simona (MLCC Chairperson).

MLCC Email: MLCCINFO2@michigan.gov

Offline emt805

Re: Arts Beats and Eat Liquor License
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »

2. Allow Minors Under 17 to be admitted to or remain in a place where alcohol is sold and consumed without Direct Parental Supervision (MCL 750.141). The fair is not being billed as an Adult Event/Venue.

And yet their number one market compain is that it is such a family event. One joke after another. When will it end?

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:36:38 PM »
i'm on team scott. very nice job. well placed, timed, researched and organized. thank you for your time and effort. it shows your dedication and devotion to the cause. it's a societal indicator how second class citizen treatment gun rights advocates are given. when groups have to organize and fight to uphold rights already granted to you against government agencies who's jobs are to serve and protect these rights under the same laws they are ignoring to suit their own agendas.
when a few anti-gun people loudly protest against us they are concerned citizens protecting their families. they claim safety is their right. when we protest for gun rights and against illegal laws we are called gun nuts and 'pushing' our rights. anti gun advocates are never portrayed as a few people but are given majority status. when we speak out we are given 'few people' status. have gun rights so fallen behind in societies acceptance that we are guilty until proven innocent? this mirrors the 'whites only' laws of the mid century. yeah we have to acknowledge you but just not around us. am i the only one that saw 'tombstone'? not sure how historically accurate it was but the gunfight at the OK Corral was spawned by the local law banning OC in town. more of hollywood throwing in their subtle leftist slant but the protagonists were the lawmen gunning them down.
the stone cold word of law scot623 pointed out cannot in any way be ignored or stalled. it's more of the 'family event' status ignoring the allowing of underage minors in a place classed as an alcohol provider establishment. how easy it must be to have an argument in law and it 's elements that at the same time only works for you and ignored if it favors your opponent.
AND ALL OF IT is against the law. there is no legal interpretation to be done. no gray area. IT IS LAW. black and white.
thanks again scott!!! leadership qualities all around.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 12:03:17 AM »
any news on what it is?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 01:22:05 AM »
So basically for anyone without a CPL were right back at square one.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »
Wow thats complete BULL$HIT