Author Topic: Rally at Arts Beats And Eats  (Read 36975 times)

Offline Sig Sauer

Re: Rally at Arts Beats And Eats
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
In light of Royal Oaks flagrant violation of the state preemption law, would anyone want to do a mass carry event at Arts Beats And Eats?  I don't normally OC, but I'd be willing to prove a point to Royal Oak.  I'd rather not do it alone though, both for the fact that I've never actually OC'ed before, but also more importantly because there's safety in numbers in case Royal Oak tries any shenanigans.  They may hassle 1 person but 10?, 15?, 20?, 25?, 50?, 100?  Lets show them that the preemption law means something, and so does the Constitution, both Federal, and State.  Anyone interested?
I was at every single city council meeting that pertained to fixing the contract, fought just as hard as everybody else. This was never about bringing guns to the festival! It was about getting a illegal clause removed from the contract. That mission was accomplished. We won! The media has moved on to something else. They aren't going to know if one OCer shows up or 100 do.

The fact of the matter is just because firearms are allowed doesn't meen this is an OC friendly event. I think if the anti's go to a place expecting to see guns and don't see any makes more of impact then going there and rubbing it in there faces. Hopefully they realize that they made a big f'ing deal out of nothing. Showing up and getting noticed just gives them fuel for the fire. I you wanted to make an impact you should have came to some of the meetings.

Why would I go to a crowded place were I know im not welcome and could be harrassed? No thanks, ill go someplace were I can have fun that weekend.

It may not be appropriate of me to comment on the above since all of you have done the heavy lifting in making OC publically known (even though I have known for years) I have not personally OC as of yet, although I have CCW in the past which now is known as CPL for some of you young guys, but if you will allow me. I would agree with the above comments in that you won on the contract clause and the law, I read some of the posts by anti gun people online (Free Press News, etc.) and they make it clear they will be laying in wait to provoke, harass, complain to the PD in short to make your life miserable in the hope they can incite you to make a mistake and be arrested in some fashion with the hope it makes it in the news which would defeat the accomplishments all of you have worked so hard for. Just my two cents.

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »
In light of Royal Oaks flagrant violation of the state preemption law, would anyone want to do a mass carry event at Arts Beats And Eats?  I don't normally OC, but I'd be willing to prove a point to Royal Oak.  I'd rather not do it alone though, both for the fact that I've never actually OC'ed before, but also more importantly because there's safety in numbers in case Royal Oak tries any shenanigans.  They may hassle 1 person but 10?, 15?, 20?, 25?, 50?, 100?  Lets show them that the preemption law means something, and so does the Constitution, both Federal, and State.  Anyone interested?
I was at every single city council meeting that pertained to fixing the contract, fought just as hard as everybody else. This was never about bringing guns to the festival! It was about getting a illegal clause removed from the contract. That mission was accomplished. We won! The media has moved on to something else. They aren't going to know if one OCer shows up or 100 do.

The fact of the matter is just because firearms are allowed doesn't meen this is an OC friendly event. I think if the anti's go to a place expecting to see guns and don't see any makes more of impact then going there and rubbing it in there faces. Hopefully they realize that they made a big f'ing deal out of nothing. Showing up and getting noticed just gives them fuel for the fire. I you wanted to make an impact you should have came to some of the meetings.

Why would I go to a crowded place were I know im not welcome and could be harrassed? No thanks, ill go someplace were I can have fun that weekend.

It may not be appropriate of me to comment on the above since all of you have done the heavy lifting in making OC publically known (even though I have known for years) I have not personally OC as of yet, although I have CCW in the past which now is known as CPL for some of you young guys, but if you will allow me. I would agree with the above comments in that you won on the contract clause and the law, I read some of the posts by anti gun people online (Free Press News, etc.) and they make it clear they will be laying in wait to provoke, harass, complain to the PD in short to make your life miserable in the hope they can incite you to make a mistake and be arrested in some fashion with the hope it makes it in the news which would defeat the accomplishments all of you have worked so hard for. Just my two cents.
This isn't our first time at the rodeo.

While that may be true, chances are it won't be a problem. There's going to be plenty of police to handle the miscreants. Even then, I agree with cabman. Why do people who are fighting for their second amendment rights choose to help fund the fight against them?

Warchild

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
I too still feel a boycott is in order. Our purpose was to change an illegal deal and that was accomplished by some very confident and capable members.
IMO...a very public boycott should be made and announced, that from the beginning the focus was to change said illegal deal and violation of state law. We as a group neither support, patronize, or spend our money at any business, function or event which violates our rights.

JMO 

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »
+1

Offline emt805

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
But are we not also to show and relate and educate those that do not understand they people can oc at these events and not have all the issues they are thinking that will come up with such a "show down at the ok corral" such as someone put it on facebook.

Offline emt805

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
Or that we are all irresponsable and hillbillies as another put it. Ok we got the word out about changing the law, now why not show them the up side of enjoying a family event with no issues and let the drinks prove they are the ones to be worried about

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »
I too still feel a boycott is in order. Our purpose was to change an illegal deal and that was accomplished by some very confident and capable members.
IMO...a very public boycott should be made and announced, that from the beginning the focus was to change said illegal deal and violation of state law. We as a group neither support, patronize, or spend our money at any business, function or event which violates our rights.

JMO  

It's clear to me that that *edited* witz doesn't want us there, and is hoping we don't come, I for one will not let that *edited* have his way, I feel like by not going he wins.  Anti-gun *edited* like witz don't want us to exercise our rights, and they don't want us there, which is precisely why I intend to go, and I encourage others to go to, just to rub there *edited* faces in it.  I had no intention, or desire to go to arts beats and eats before they pulled this crap, and I have never gone before, but now that I know that they don't want me there I want to go.  Don't tell me I can't have something, or that you don't think I should have it, because I'll buy 10 of them, don't tell me I can't go somewhere, or you don't want me there, or don't think I should be allowed to be there, because I'll be there with bells on just to spite you, and I fully intend to spite wilks, and his anti-gun elitist *edited* ilk.  Will you join me?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:59:04 PM by FatboyCykes »

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 02:03:43 PM »
I pose to ask a question why in the world would anyone that believes in the 2nd amendment  go to this event????Exspecially when he said he was going to take the money and try to get lansing to change the law so he still doesnt want us there!!!!! 

It's the fact that they don't want me there that makes me commuted to go, I have every right to be there, and there telling me that they don't want me there means that I will go just to spite them, to do otherwise would let them win  If we don't show, would that not be the same result as if we never got them to amend the contract?, so what would we have accomplished?  It would be like if after winning World War 2 we left Hitler in charge.

I intend to go, and I intend to rub there faces in it, I do not however intend to spend one red cent while I'm there.

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 03:04:59 PM »
I just checked the homepage:

http://www.artsbeatseats.com/

And right on the homepage that twit witz has a link to his efforts to strip us of our rights.[:(!][pissed]

Lets burn this *edited*
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:00:13 PM by FatboyCykes »

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »
Hi Jon, I have a new wife of one month, and a step daughter by her. My wife’s name is Kay and her daughter is named Nicole. I’m going to offer to Nicole to bring a girlfriend along. I’m also going to inform you and Nicole’s girlfriend that I’m Open Carrying at your event. I live in Fenton, and the drive to see the happenings will be worth it to me. See you there. Joe Caringi   

This is the email that i sent Jon. I wanted him to know that i appreciate a good time. Yahoo!

Offline RandyK

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 08:50:07 PM »
Yes, we all know Jon Witz is a *edited*. I even talked to a girl today that will have a booth at AB&E and she pretty much said he is a P.O.S. We already "burned" this guy. We f'ed with his baby and now he's "pissed".

Don't let your emotions determine wether or not you go. Showing up to a festival "pissed" with a gun looking to "burn" somebody doesn't do anything but make everybodys fears justified. Go to have fun and enjoys "arts, beats and eats" like its suposed to be.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:47:33 AM by FatboyCykes »

Offline skunkworks

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 11:09:39 PM »

[/quote]

It's clear to me that that *edited* witz doesn't want us there, and is hoping we don't come, I for one will not let that *edited* have his way, I feel like by not going he wins.  Anti-gun *edited* like witz don't want us to exercise our rights, and they don't want us there, which is precisely why I intend to go, and I encourage others to go to, just to rub there *edited* faces in it.  I had no intention, or desire to go to arts beats and eats before they pulled this crap, and I have never gone before, but now that I know that they don't want me there I want to go.  Don't tell me I can't have something, or that you don't think I should have it, because I'll buy 10 of them, don't tell me I can't go somewhere, or you don't want me there, or don't think I should be allowed to be there, because I'll be there with bells on just to spite you, and I fully intend to spite wilks, and his anti-gun elitist *edited* ilk.  Will you join me?
[/quote]

You DON'T want to send send me a hundred dollars.  In fact, I forbid you to send me $100.  Don't you dare do it.  Really...I do NOT want you do send me $100.  You probably couldn't find it to sent to me.  :)

In all honesty, please don't anyone mess it up for the rest of us.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
So he is trying to get people to sign up to be contacted after the festival to ban guns from large festivals I think that someone needs to "pledge there support" so that we can find out what there plans are and maybe make a OC event near one of there rallys.

Offline emt805

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59:55 PM »
Has anyone else been blocked from posting on arts beats and eats facebook page? Or just me?

Offline cabman1

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »
Has anyone else been blocked from posting on arts beats and eats facebook page? Or just me?

me 2
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »
Would you expect anything else from them? They have thumbed their noses at the law & fairness in general, why would they play fair now? I would attend but don't have a CPL..yet.

This is a silly question but I'll ask out of "hail Mary" desperation... because they have bought off the MLCC. Long gun OC would be illegal just like pistols?
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »
Would you expect anything else from them? They have thumbed their noses at the law & fairness in general, why would they play fair now? I would attend but don't have a CPL..yet.

This is a silly question but I'll ask out of "hail Mary" desperation... because they have bought off the MLCC. Long gun OC would be illegal just like pistols?

750.234d applies to all firearms. A CPL would be required to carry either legally.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 02:37:49 AM »

750.234d applies to all firearms. A CPL would be required to carry either legally.

Thought so! Dang it! Well they are a sneaky bunch got to give them that. I am going to contact MLCC & ask them if I can "rope off" my street & declare it a "beer tent"?
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline AutumnArcher

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »
I would double check on the long gu n issue. A cpl is a concealed pistol license, not a concealed weapons license. It does not apply to long guns as far as concealed carry. Not sure if the exemption carries over.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 03:38:11 PM »
I would double check on the long gu n issue. A cpl is a concealed pistol license, not a concealed weapons license. It does not apply to long guns as far as concealed carry. Not sure if the exemption carries over.

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931

750.234d Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.

Sec. 234d.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

(a) A depository financial institution or a subsidiary or affiliate of a depository financial institution.

(b) A church or other house of religious worship.

(c) A court.

(d) A theatre.

(e) A sports arena.

(f) A day care center.

(g) A hospital.

(h) An establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, Act No. 8 of the Public Acts of the Extra Session of 1933, being sections 436.1 to 436.58 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.

(2) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(a) A person who owns, or is employed by or contracted by, an entity described in subsection (1) if the possession of that firearm is to provide security services for that entity.

(b) A peace officer.

(c) A person licensed by this state or another state to carry a concealed weapon.

(d) A person who possesses a firearm on the premises of an entity described in subsection (1) if that possession is with the permission of the owner or an agent of the owner of that entity.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days or a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.

History: Add. 1990, Act 321, Eff. Mar. 28, 1991 ;-- Am. 1992, Act 218, Imd. Eff. Oct. 13, 1992 ;-- Am. 1994, Act 158, Eff. Aug. 15, 1994

NOTE the highlighted sections from the MCL!! The CPL is an exemption to this law!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."