Author Topic: Rally at Arts Beats And Eats  (Read 36044 times)

Offline FatboyCykes

Re: Rally at Arts Beats And Eats
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2010, 12:23:27 PM »
That actually, I think, is only for members :/

Offline emt805

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 04:20:00 AM »
Has anyone seen this on their website under the faq section

11. Should families be concerned about the recent change in gun policy from the City and the festival?
Due to the lack of clarity in State Law related to weapons carrying in festivals and public events, the festival and city changed their policy. The festival and the City do not expect a noticeable increase or presence in weapons at the festival, and as always, there will be significant amounts of Police and private security on patrol. The small organization that challenged the festival policy does not plan any rallies, marches or gathering at the festival. To those that oppose guns at the event, please don’t penalize the participating charities, artists, musicians and local businesses by boycotting the event when the law is at fault, and instead support a change in legislation about open carry and guns at large public events. To those that are in support of gun rights: Please note the festival does not want to restrict anyone’s rights to protect themselves, and only will be looking to restrict such rights in large family events likes Arts, Beats & Eats where large crowds are in close proximity, alcohol is served and family activities are occurring. The festival’s suggested restrictions are no different than in stadiums, bars and large theatres where similar restrictions are in place. We reject the premise that family activities and alcohol are in conflict as alcoholic beverages are served at sporting events, family gatherings and restaurants which families enjoy together.

Again think about the children lol. How do these people get dressed in the morning yet alone hold a job?

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 04:49:38 AM »
Has anyone seen this on their website under the faq section

11. Should families be concerned about the recent change in gun policy from the City and the festival?
Due to the lack of clarity in State Law related to weapons carrying in festivals and public events, the festival and city changed their policy. The festival and the City do not expect a noticeable increase or presence in weapons at the festival, and as always, there will be significant amounts of Police and private security on patrol. The small organization that challenged the festival policy does not plan any rallies, marches or gathering at the festival. To those that oppose guns at the event, please don’t penalize the participating charities, artists, musicians and local businesses by boycotting the event when the law is at fault, and instead support a change in legislation about open carry and guns at large public events. To those that are in support of gun rights: Please note the festival does not want to restrict anyone’s rights to protect themselves, and only will be looking to restrict such rights in large family events likes Arts, Beats & Eats where large crowds are in close proximity, alcohol is served and family activities are occurring. The festival’s suggested restrictions are no different than in stadiums, bars and large theatres where similar restrictions are in place. We reject the premise that family activities and alcohol are in conflict as alcoholic beverages are served at sporting events, family gatherings and restaurants which families enjoy together.

Again think about the children lol. How do these people get dressed in the morning yet alone hold a job?

You gotta love how he contradicts himself within the same sentence.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »
As the festival approaches, I would like to jump in and remind everyone that Michigan Open Carry does not support any sort of "rally" at this event. We do however support any individual that legimately wishes to enjoy this festival and happens to carry a firearm for personal protection.

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry have already been accomplished. The citizen's right to bear arms has been protected, the local municipality and the public have become aware of this right, and we have been assured that no citizen will suffer legal consequences for the act of peacefully and lawfully carrying a sidearm.

Demonstrations at this point will serve no useful purpose.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
As the festival approaches, I would like to jump in and remind everyone that Michigan Open Carry does not support any sort of "rally" at this event. We do however support any individual that legimately wishes to enjoy this festival and happens to carry a firearm for personal protection.

The objectives of Michigan Open Carry have already been accomplished. The citizen's right to bear arms has been protected, the local municipality and the public have become aware of this right, and we have been assured that no citizen will suffer legal consequences for the act of peacefully and lawfully carrying a sidearm.

+1
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »

+1

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »
+1

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »
 Affirm. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Wolvee

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
Soo, who's going to AB&E tomorrow and when?

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
So whats up with the liquor license I know there is another topic on it but I see no new info and I might want to go to AB&E depending on it.

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
Soo, who's going to AB&E tomorrow and when?

I am, probably some time in the early to mid afternoon.

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »
So whats up with the liquor license I know there is another topic on it but I see no new info and I might want to go to AB&E depending on it.

The MLCC approved it, they basically just rubber stamped it, and broke a couple of laws in doing so, and they deliberately waited until the last minute to do it so we couldn't try to stop it.  It was a blatant attempt to do an end run around the preemption law, now in order to carry open, or concealed you will need your CPL, however since they admit that alcohol is not there primary source of revenue whether you conceal, or not is up to you.  Meanwhile anyone who lives, or works in the "festival zone" could be charged with a misdemeanor if they leave there home, or business with a gun even if it's cased unless they have a CPL.  So basically is almost like were back to square one, and didn't win anything.

Yet people will still claim we won, and that showing up is unnecessary.

Offline emt805

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »
I will either be going tue or wed. Is there any interest in bring up the 17 year old and minor thing being illegal to show that we are looking out for all our rights and not just bullies with guns or do we just leave it as it sits?

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 02:46:47 AM »
I will either be going tue or wed. Is there any interest in bring up the 17 year old and minor thing being illegal to show that we are looking out for all our rights and not just bullies with guns or do we just leave it as it sits?

It ends Monday.

Offline emt805

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:39 AM »
I will either be going tue or wed.

It ends Monday.

I was looking at the correct dates in the wrong month.   ::)

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
So because of this a$$ goblin move I now put forth the idea that we should rally. If you can carry open carry open if you can't walk around with a empty holster.

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2010, 02:00:44 AM »
So because of this a$$ goblin move I now put forth the idea that we should rally. If you can carry open carry open if you can't walk around with a empty holster.

Which is exactly what I have been saying all along.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »

Before there was no reason but now they have taken away our rights we haven't gotten anywhere so we need to show up. I very briefly went yesterday and today I'm tied up by a family event but maybe a group for tomorrow?

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2010, 03:15:11 PM »

Before there was no reason but now they have taken away our rights we haven't gotten anywhere so we need to show up. I very briefly went yesterday and today I'm tied up by a family event but maybe a group for tomorrow?

Sure, if there is an organized group going, I'll come along.