Author Topic: Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell's Last Commission Meeting is Tonight!  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell's Last Commission Meeting is Tonight!   I believe that Mayor Elect Rosalynn Bliss will carry on with most of Heartwell's agenda but at least George is gone soon!

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/metro/2015/12/15/outgoing-gr-mayor-reflects-on-time-in-office/77385130/

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell's Last Commission Meeting is Tonight!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 08:25:39 PM »
Heartwell says his future includes working with Grand Valley State University.

-I guess taxpayers aren't rid of him yet.

Voters chose City Commissioner Rosalynn Bliss to follow Heartwell.

-So much for new leadership in city hall.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 02:05:29 AM »
Well, so much for any hope of GVSU improving their weapon policies with Heartless getting involved. I feel bad for GVSU students.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
Well, so much for any hope of GVSU improving their weapon policies with Heartless getting involved.

Name a public university administrator who isn't wholeheartedly anti gun when it comes to staff and students and visitors.
Campus carry has to be shoved down their throats, and then they complain that their bosses in state government are meddling.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?