Author Topic: Department of Homeland Security  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Department of Homeland Security
« on: December 17, 2015, 01:14:09 PM »
This is from the DHS website about the head man.

Secretary Jeh Johnson
Secretary Jeh JohnsonJeh Charles Johnson was sworn in on December 23, 2013 as the fourth Secretary of Homeland Security. Prior to joining DHS, Secretary Johnson served as General Counsel for the Department of Defense, where he was part of the senior management team and led the more than 10,000 military and civilian lawyers across the Department. As General Counsel of the Defense Department, Secretary Johnson oversaw the development of the legal aspects of many of our nation’s counterterrorism policies, spearheaded reforms to the military commissions system at Guantanamo Bay in 2009, and co-authored the 250-page report that paved the way for the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” in 2010.

http://www.dhs.gov/secretary-jeh-johnson

So the DHS has a budget of nearly $65 BILLION DOLLARS.  Yes, BILLION.  AND they have 240,000 employees!  The DHS mission is to keep us safe and the man running this BEHEMOTH of an agency has no management or executive experience what so ever other than leading a bunch of lawyers!  And to top it off his crowning achievement as noted on his online resume is he CO-Authored a report on repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

Gee, I feel safe.     :-X :shrug: :yikes:

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Department of Homeland Security
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:31:31 PM »
kabuki theater

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 02:27:45 PM »
I know a GS-15 manager at DHS in D.C.  She makes about $150K a year, probably more now.  I shake my head at the stories she tells me.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:47:55 PM »
10,000 lawyers?!?! FFS!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?