Author Topic: Self defense shooting of garage invader  (Read 4367 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Self defense shooting of garage invader
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »
Rick Ector wrote a great analysis of potential defenses.  One glaring lesson, STFU and tell your partner to STFU.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 08:44:11 AM »
If you don't make a statement, you aren't stuck with it if you need to change it later.
That's why they give cops a week to give a statement when they do something possibly criminal, but they want to question us in the first five minutes.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »

Rick Ector wrote a great analysis of potential defenses.  One glaring lesson, STFU and tell your partner to STFU.
+1
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Redwingsrule6971

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Laurie
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 11:42:30 PM »
I belong to a group on FB, and the fiancé actually posted to the group a quick account of what happened while he was still at the police station. She eventually deleted it, when I'm sure she realized that probably wasn't the smartest move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of a man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:24:20 AM »
One glaring lesson, STFU and tell your partner to STFU.

It's best to have that conversation prior to an incident.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
It's worth 48 minutes of your time.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »
A great video and am glad to see it posted again.