Open Carry Specific > OC Experiences

OC in Texas

<< < (2/4) > >>

part deux:
you may enjoy this article :)
http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/22/the-pro-liberty-choice-dispelling-the-myths-of-open-carry/

gryphon:
I hear the author is a nice guy, too!

TexasSupporter:
Hey, thanks everyone for your support and your kind words!  And that is a great article and I will be texting that link to all my CC friends - thank you!   Also, I do remember you telling me a while back to look into a different holster Q, and I will research it now that I'm actually able to carry openly and use my holster in the first place (up until January 1st it was just a great "gun holder" for my Beretta inside my carry bag).  More good encounters today, by the way.  Seems that people here appreciate it, and also act very nicely to me.  I'm being very nice in return, trying to be the good example MOC has taught is one of the good reasons to OC.  Today when I was going into a store I saw police and said to myself... here goes, I just have to do it anyways.  The officer saw me walking up to the store, and he left.  Maybe I won't get hassled here by police as much as I thought I would.  Though I have tried to memorize the court decisions as they apply to OC, reasonable suspicion, demanding ID, etc, so as to best counter a potential police stop.  And by the way, that article also reminded me of another great reason to OC:  safety.  I had forgot to mention that in my original post here, but truth is I've never felt too comfortable with my LCP in my pocket holster, loaded and ready with no safety.  My retention holster protects the trigger when I OC, not to mention there's a safety on the Beretta too.  Thanks again guys!  I look forward to any further advice from you all, and look forward to OCing with MOC in the near future!  I think I need to try and write and print up some Open Carry cards similar to the ones you use at MOC.  A great way to help spread the word and offer some education to those asking me questions.

fozzy71:

--- Quote from: TexasSupporter on January 23, 2016, 12:02:17 AM ---... I think I need to try and write and print up some Open Carry cards similar to the ones you use at MOC.  A great way to help spread the word and offer some education to those asking me questions.

--- End quote ---

A guy on OCDO made a tri-fold that looks pretty good - http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?131814-Texas-Open-Carry-Info-Trifold-Brochure

TheQ:
People in Texas may be less apt to LEO trouble than ppl in MI were because there was a lot of media around legalization.

...as opposed to MI where ppl just started doing it and it was never illegal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version