Author Topic: Pontiac city council meeting August 26th 2010  (Read 4139 times)

Offline army74

Pontiac city council meeting August 26th 2010
« on: August 10, 2010, 10:41:16 PM »
There still havent changed the ordinance.They probally wont they supposedly said they are going to lansing to try and make it illegal

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Pontiac city council meeting August 26th 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:37 AM »
They probally wont they supposedly said they are going to lansing to try and make it illegal

Good luck with that -- we'll be in Lansing too making sure it stays legal.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ghostrider

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:43 AM »
Just think. All that money they are spending on lobbying in Lansing, they could have used to pay the damages in a law suite.

This is how we educate the authorities.

Offline judge

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
IN case I don't make the meeting. Almost over night, almost every young male walking down Kennett St. is wearing the same white t- shirt. some of those seen there , have been seen 10 blks away. walking down the street, openly checking out the houses during the DAY,  including mine. 2 of my neighborhood watch people have been confronted  by 5 of those types (don't know about the shirt part) just because they were outside watching them. You can't help but think they'll be back at night. Now PPD knows how many of us standing in our yards or walking our dogs have guns, if we CC, NO problem . However if one of us uncovers in a confrontation , 2 things, That person better call for PPD to make out a report before the shirt guys do, AND there is a good chance that person could get charged with banishing because the PPD is so against OC. Now it seems to me if your already OC that can't be the case. Walking outside my house is no longer a " do I need to carry " Q But, if I do, my 1st problem is PPD. The chief of PPD is right, someone is going to be killed but if we can't get these people behind us it's going to be one of the good guys. It's not just, we have a legal right to, power struggle WE NEED THEIR HELP. And it looks like PPD is going to try to make the good wrong instead of trying to defend him

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
IN case I don't make the meeting. Almost over night, almost every young male walking down Kennett St. is wearing the same white t- shirt. some of those seen there , have been seen 10 blks away. walking down the street, openly checking out the houses during the DAY,  including mine. 2 of my neighborhood watch people have been confronted  by 5 of those types (don't know about the shirt part) just because they were outside watching them. You can't help but think they'll be back at night. Now PPD knows how many of us standing in our yards or walking our dogs have guns, if we CC, NO problem . However if one of us uncovers in a confrontation , 2 things, That person better call for PPD to make out a report before the shirt guys do, AND there is a good chance that person could get charged with banishing because the PPD is so against OC. Now it seems to me if your already OC that can't be the case. Walking outside my house is no longer a " do I need to carry " Q But, if I do, my 1st problem is PPD. The chief of PPD is right, someone is going to be killed but if we can't get these people behind us it's going to be one of the good guys. It's not just, we have a legal right to, power struggle WE NEED THEIR HELP. And it looks like PPD is going to try to make the good wrong instead of trying to defend him

What the heck are you talking about? Please explain?{shirt people / Non CPL or CPL cover up ok - etc..} ???
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »
PPD must follow the law same as everyone else. Who cares what the gangbangers in the white tshirts think...

PPD officers should be able to tell the diff between the banger and the LAC that owns property and is carrying a gun.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."