Author Topic: Jihadist: "people are not allowed to carry guns in church"  (Read 2884 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Jihadist: "people are not allowed to carry guns in church"
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
In conversation's between Abu-Rayyan and the undercover agent, Abu-Rayyan described his desire to commit a martyrdom operation.

The complaint filed in federal court doesn’t specify which Detroit church he was allegedly planning to attack, only that it was close and could seat 6,000 members.

“It's easy, and a lot of people go there. Plus people are not allowed to carry guns in church. Plus it would make the news. Everybody would've heard. Honestly I regret not doing it. If I can't do jihad in the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here."

He had also told the undercover agent that a church would be an easy target because people are not allowed to carry guns there and that it would make the news.

The complaint also says that he told the agent he had armed himself with a large knife and would behead people if he needed to.

“It is my dream to behead someone,” he told the agent.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/dearborn-heights-isis-supporter-planned-to-attack-detroit-church

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Jihadist: "people are not allowed to carry guns in church"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »
Another interesting point in his selection of potential targets:
"I don't know the name of it, but it's close to my job. It's one of the biggest ones in Detroit."

It wasn't based on denomination or beliefs, simply size and proximity.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/84909625-story
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36