Author Topic: Texas OCer arrested for failure to identify, but charged with unlawful carry.  (Read 5029 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:42:43 PM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
They didn't charge him with failure to ID, they didn't charge him with standing on the side of a highway, they charged him with unlawfully carrying a weapon.  He has a concealed carry license.  I don't see how the cops can win this.  I bet the prosecutor drops it.  If so, there will be nothing stopping the cops from doing this again, and again.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
42 USC 1983
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
At what cost?

and you need an attorney that won't fold when a liberal district court judge makes up laws.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
The issue is usually less the attorney's backbone and more the pockets of the plaintiff.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
propria persona.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline LD

• Legal Musings
They didn't charge him with failure to ID, they didn't charge him with standing on the side of a highway, they charged him with unlawfully carrying a weapon.  He has a concealed carry license.  I don't see how the cops can win this.  I bet the prosecutor drops it.  If so, there will be nothing stopping the cops from doing this again, and again.

And you think winning this one case will stop cops from doing it or something like it again?
Do you also believe in Santa Claus?