Author Topic: Newbie From South Oakland County  (Read 3352 times)

Offline 13mile9

Newbie From South Oakland County
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »
Been on the site for many times, but never joined the forums.   As I have learned more about OC in Michigan, I have become increasingly upset with the mis-information and myths I personally have been fed over the years...and even going through the process of obtaining a CPL.   As with many of us, much of our introductions to "gun regulations" are based upon what we learned from the DNR to be hunters...and so on, and then the CPL, etc....    I consider this backwards.   We should first learn what are our rights are as Michigan "residents" concerning the purchasing, carrying, transportation, etc.... of firearms.   (And yes, it is my fault for taking that route, and learning that way).

I was conversing with someone today about how when received our CPLs, we were so "overly" concerned about someone seeing the weapon, making sure our weapons remained concealed, etc....  We were fed information that put us in the mindset and made us think we were breaking the law if someone saw us with a weapon. 

This sight, and the information contained here, will be assisting me with educating others appropriately, and in "the right order".

Thanks

Offline FatboyCykes

Re: Newbie From South Oakland County
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:40:02 AM »
Thanks for making the choice to sign up for the forums.  Every person counts and helps, looking forward to future discussions!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Newbie From South Oakland County
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
Welcome to our little knowledge base!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."