Linked Events

• PROUD Presents: "Pawty in the Park" - Taylor, MI 6: April 12, 2016

Author Topic: PROUD Presents: "Pawty in the Park" - Taylor, MI 6-4-16 (2pm-5pm)  (Read 5796 times)

Offline JRoehrig

• MOC Board Member
  • First Name (Displayed): John
Michigan Open Carry, Inc. has teamed up with PROUD Detroit to put together a fund raiser to help lost and homeless dogs around Detroit and surrouding cities.

www.proudinthed.org

What does PROUD do exactly? We make dogs' lives better. We find the lost, home the homeless, feed the hungry, mend the broken and love the unloved. These things are the foundation of PROUD Detroit, where we know that love changes everything!

Tickets for this event are available at the link provided above and also on-site the day of the event. Tickets are $10/adults and kinds 10 & under are FREE. Food and beverages are included in the ticket price! Located in Pavillion B.

Basket raffles and 50/50 tickets will be available for additional purchase.

Everyone is welcome, so please make time for this event! A great opportunity for some community service and education for both organizations.

Heritage Park
12111 Pardee Rd., Taylor, MI 48180 (Pavillion B)
Saturday, June 4, 2pm-5pm

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: PROUD Presents: "Pawty in the Park" - Taylor, MI 6-4-16 (2pm-5pm)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 08:24:10 PM »
Open carry is welcome there, I presume.

Offline Redwingsrule6971

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Laurie
Open carry is welcome there, I presume.
Heritage Park is a public park, so it should be.

I tried to do some research and the only thing I found was an article about five years ago someone mentioning having trouble OC'g in Taylor.

I think this will be a good way to get our name out to a group of people who may not know who we are.

I hope I see a lot of friendly faces from MOC there!
"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of a man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: PROUD Presents: "Pawty in the Park" - Taylor, MI 6-4-16 (2pm-5pm)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »
I meant that PROUD is okay with it and doesn't object.  Since we are partnering up with them to support them, I assume so.  On the other hand, some local businesses have been happy to receive help and support from MOC as long as we don't wear our guns.

Offline Redwingsrule6971

• MOC Member
I meant that PROUD is okay with it and doesn't object.  Since we are partnering up with them to support them, I assume so.  On the other hand, some local businesses have been happy to receive help and support from MOC as long as we don't wear our guns.
Yes, they are. I made it very clear who MOC is and what we advocate for.  In fact, one of the digital flyers they made has a hyperlink to where if you click on our logo or where it says Michigan Open Carry, they have it go to our website.

One question on the event they posted was "Can you open carry at Heritage Park?"  I responded in the affirmative. Niki, the president, thanked me for answering the question for her. 
"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of a man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand." - Susan B. Anthony

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Heritage Park is a public park, so it should be.

I tried to do some research and the only thing I found was an article about five years ago someone mentioning having trouble OC'g in Taylor.

I think this will be a good way to get our name out to a group of people who may not know who we are.

I hope I see a lot of friendly faces from MOC there!
About a dozen of us went to a council meeting in Taylor to address their problem with OC about 5 or so years back. I don't recall hearing of many/if any problems with them recently.

The last time I was at this park was for their 4th of July fire works display and carnival in 2013. I had one Taylor reserve cop ask how I liked my glock (was carrying an XD) as we were walking around, I talked with him for about 2 minutes about guns and parted ways.

Offline Redwingsrule6971

• MOC Member
About a dozen of us went to a council meeting in Taylor to address their problem with OC about 5 or so years back. I don't recall hearing of many/if any problems with them recently.

The last time I was at this park was for their 4th of July fire works display and carnival in 2013. I had one Taylor reserve cop ask how I liked my glock (was carrying an XD) as we were walking around, I talked with him for about 2 minutes about guns and parted ways.
If it was your post, I can't remember if it was in MOC or MGO, that was exactly the one I was talking about, that I read.

Thanks for the input on your experiences there! 

...maybe see you at the fundraiser...?