Author Topic: Ann Arbor Schools closing on Election Day to protect students from voters  (Read 3572 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/04/aaps_unsure_how_to_enforce_no-.html#incart_river_home

The board was not able to guarantee students' safety with the confidence they would like because of open carry advocates, Stead said, so they felt they had to cancel classes. Many board members expressed their regret that students will not be able to observe the democratic process like they have in the past.

State law says people with concealed pistol licenses may carry their firearms in gun-free zones, but they cannot conceal them.

Joshua Wade was one of the people who openly carried a gun with him when he voted in an Ann Arbor school for the primary election. He said he knew of three other people who also carried guns with them to vote in school.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Are some schools open on election day?

I vote at a school and it is closed during elections and has been for as long as I can remember.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Yes, I've voted when students were in school.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
OK
I just figured they were all closed.
I learned something new today.