Author Topic: No Guns in Cracker Barrel  (Read 5121 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
No Guns in Cracker Barrel
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:25:25 PM »
It appears the barrel of crackers doesn't like the 2A, at least not in Georgia.
But they don't want to put up gunbuster signs, for that might discourage gun owners from spending money there.
So, if they see your carry piece, they'll tell you to take it out to your car. If you don't want to do that, they'll trespass you.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31912623/dalton-man-asked-to-leave-cracker-barrel-for-carrying-gun
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: No Guns in Cracker Barrel
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »
I've never had a problem in Okemos.

Offline Shield513

• First Name (Displayed): Thomas
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »
In Kalamazoo, MI there was several people shot in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel. The shooter shot others as well  in the Mattawan area. Guessing this is why a change of policy.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 07:55:39 PM »
Yes, making a no-guns policy will stop a criminal from murdering someone in a Cracker Barrel.  Makes perfect sense.

If it was that easy, they should just make it against the law to murder someone.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 09:37:38 PM »
I don't think this January 2014 discussion thread involved a policy prompted by the 2016 Uber Shooter.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=442768

And, obviously, Danny has been in the Okemos store since 2014, probably with a full size pistol on his hip, and he claims not to have seen this policy in action.

Perhaps it varies by location, or by ownership of the individual restaurant, or, worse yet, by the color/appearance of the patron?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »
Apparently they must believe that the signs will stop a drive by shooting as well.   

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 09:44:14 PM »
Holy icicles in heck, our old friend Bob Owens found out that a GA Cracker Barrel treated an OCer poorly and he's not happy about it.
I might have to put him back on my Christmas card list if he keeps this up.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/05/09/cracker-barrel-hides-secret-anti-gun-policy/

Offline Shield513

• First Name (Displayed): Thomas
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31:28 PM »
I  see the above original post was 2 days ago and the link is May 2016. The Uber driver shootings were 2016 prior to May. I  can't say I agree or disagree but I had my pistol with me as we were stuck in Mattawan during the shootings.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 06:37:18 AM »
Wasn't trying to bust your chops, Thomas.
And at the time you posted that, I didn't know the alleged Cracker Barrel ban was at least a 2 year old topic, I just found that 1911 Forum thread last night.

The one thing that seems to be consistent is that Cracker Barrels don't post gunbuster signs anywhere.
How they act when they see a gun seems to be quite variable.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »

The one thing that seems to be consistent is that Cracker Barrels don't post gunbuster signs anywhere.
How they act when they see a gun seems to be quite variable.

Yes.  It seems to vary with managers and individuals .... I haven't had a problem in the Grandville CB but I hear others have had trouble.   Maybe they just haven't noticed me the few times I have been OC in there.  I guess I'll have to up the ante and OC a pair of full size 1911's and see if they say anything.