Author Topic: Anti-OC quotes from Florida FFLs  (Read 3567 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Anti-OC quotes from Florida FFLs
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »
I'm not sure if Nobile's words are getting twisted here, but Weidig expresses a common viewpoint.

http://flaglerlive.com/93128/flagler-gun-shops/

All of the Flagler gun shop owners agreed open carry was a bad idea.

“I don’t understand the purpose of it, honestly,” Nobile said. “If someone has an open weapons permit, and if a gun accidentally shows while someone’s walking down the street and a police officer sees the gun, they have to do something about it.  But if you’re legally carrying that gun, you shouldn’t have to worry about being harassed by sheriff’s and deputies.”

Weidig was even more vehement in his rejection of open carry.

“We have a lot of retirees down here and they put a gun on their hip and feel strong but have no idea what they’re doing with that gun,” Weidig said. “If I were a bad guy and saw someone flashing a gun, I wouldn’t even need one of my own. I’d take theirs and do what I wanted to do.”

Aside from opposing open carry, the local owners felt that Florida’s laws are sensible. They don’t see a reason to change them, or add more.

“Florida is doing it right, and I think it’s just a matter of enforcing some of the current laws,” Beighle said. “But I’ve got no problem with what the laws are now.”
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Anti-OC quotes from Florida FFLs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:41:58 AM »
'if a gun accidentally shows while someone’s walking down the street and a police officer sees the gun, they have to do something about it.

“We have a lot of retirees down here and they put a gun on their hip and feel strong but have no idea what they’re doing with that gun,” Weidig said.

Why do the police "have to" do something?  It's the old, OMG, somebody saw a gun, we have to respond rationalization.

Even more importantly, if they have no idea what they are doing with a gun, then how does CC increase their skill level?  Ever seen a retire person, no matter how skilled, struggle with a firearm and holster?  OC is far far easier than CC for someone who's motor skills are a bit challenged.

Apparently they struggle with the phrase, "shall not be infringed".