Author Topic: The prodigal sons return (at least two of them)  (Read 3899 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
The prodigal sons return (at least two of them)
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:57:43 PM »
About 17 years or so ago my home was broken into while I was out of town at Christmas.  All of my pistols were stolen.  A couple of days ago I received two letters from my local cop shop that they had two of them and wanted to know if I wanted them back.

I picked them up yesterday.  One is a Kimber Custom .45 ACP

and the other is a S&W SW40F .40S&W, both first gen.

You will notice the Kimber was taken into evidence July 20, 2002.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: The prodigal sons return (at least two of them)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:57:48 AM »
You will notice the Kimber was taken into evidence July 20, 2002.

Good to know they're prompt about returning recovered property.
What department took custody in 2002?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:21:46 PM »
Probably just hired an evidence clerk.  Glad you were able to recover a couple of them.

Seems these two stayed local.  Marsh Rd at the clock tower is only a couple miles from you.  The odds of being in a DGU against your stolen firearm have to be astronomical, but it would be a very interesting scenario.  Would probably raise suspicion of a planted firearm.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 12:23:28 AM »
Congratulations!  That is like Christmas in May and winning the lottery on the same day!   :D