Author Topic: DC Court  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
DC Court
« on: May 21, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »
I just thought someone would have info on the court action in DC yesterday or before on the carry issue that was won by Pink Guns or Pink Gays and another Gentleman the judge referenced
Heller & Supreme Court ruling " Do you think they meant only carry in your home or bedroom?" "They didn't say anything but you have the right to carry period. "
I'll try to find more and correct statements  later today or tomorrow.

Thanks
Neil

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
Re: DC Court
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:38:26 AM »
Okay found it on Breitbart

2nd Amendment Court Case Victor: 'Armed Queers Don't Get Bashed'
1 day ago ... Gay gun rights group Pink Pistols, a plaintiff in the DC case ... to bear arms includes the right to carry firearms for self-defense both ...
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/19/2-amendment-court-case-victor-armed-queers-dont-get-bashed/

Hope this works
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:19:11 PM by gryphon »

Offline Neilmrb

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »
I did a further search on this opinion of the DC Court and the full text is worth the read.
It includes public places and I believe it will help us.

It list Michigan as one of the few states that are in error of the Constitution ? !

Hopefully
This another anchor for the second amendment.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »
Michigan was listed as one of the states that used to have a "good reason" clause.  Of course, good reason is left undefined.  Self-defense could be a good reason, or not.  So could "2A."  However, Michigan no longer has any such stipulation.  Before "shall issue," gun boards were all over the place on "good reason."